cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC connecting to multiple PI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have requirement, where ECC has to post proxy data 2 PI systems. I have followed the link http://scn.sap.com/people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multipl... we have created 2 users in each pointing to two different PI system (SXMB_ADM). a) what are the configurations we need to do at ECC end. b) Is there any changes to be done by ABAP team on the code. c) how will the proxy know which username it has to connect. what is the configuration to be done here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

I guess you wish to send the proxy to both the PI systems,In that case

a) what are the configurations we need to do at ECC end.

Maintain 2 RFC destinations,pointing to two ECC Systems.

b) Is there any changes to be done by ABAP team on the code.

Nopes

c) how will the proxy know which username it has to connect. what is the configuration to be done here.

Based on the RFC connection in SM59 where PI username and password are maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuraman. I followed it and have resolved my case

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice to Hear Rohit..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You can always consume the second PI like normal WSDL consumption on ABAP. However, it is better to configure the two PI, there can be a problem with different PI versions, i think XI 3.0 or PI 7.0 with upper versions.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Just to add to raghuram comments, you need to define sender/reciever id for the specific interface for which you need to pass the proxy data at  the runtime. This is interface specific. Normally the rfc destination we maintain in sxmb_adm is the global configuration through which at runtime when the proxy triggered, it will be passed to this destination.

So since you are having two PI systems, maintain one PI system destination in the global corresponding integration server. And to maintain the second PI system, go to specific configuration, define the parameter IS_URL parameter accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu,