cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of BATCH_NUMBER rule in Floor Stock Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In activity maintenance I have opened the activity Floor Stock Receipt (IN500), now I am not able to find out the purpose of BATCH_NUMBER rule in Rules tab. If I change the value setting YES or NO, I did not get any effect in Floor Stock Receipt activity when I create the inventory for a material.

Can anybody help me provide the details.

Thanks

Anirban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Why do you think that such rule should exist for IN500? The set of available rules is provided by the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me150/helpdata/EN/78/614f9644b947e58808bbff4ad49444/content.htm

Maybe you are talking about BATCH_NUMBER field of a datatype which can be assigned to the material as "Data to Collect on Floor Stock Receipt" in Material Maintenance?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy

The BATCH_NUMBER rule is already there in floor stock receipt activity by default. And that`s why I want to know the purpose of the same. I don`t need batch number capture in Data to Collect on Floor Stock Receipt" in Material Maintenance.

Thanks

Anirban

0 Kudos

Anirban,

You can add any rule to IN500 in Activity Maintenance, however, it will be simply ignored if this is not a rule described in the official documentation. And as I understand, this is what you observe.

So, I guess it was added somehow manually but it is not a part of the current implementation.

Regards,

Sergiy