cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP UserAPI Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to access the UserAPI described in the following post: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

I have one java application being deployed on my HCP trial account that contains SAP UI5 views and controllers for the User Interface.

I have added the neo-app.json to my application but it seems that the file has no effect on my java project.

When i access the services/userapi/currentUser i receive the error code 404.

Is this file relevant to Web IDE HTML5 application projects only? I am using Eclipse Luna SAP UI5 project.
The neo-app.json seems to work just like the normal deployment descriptor (web.xml) of the java application.
Is there any equivalent expression that i should set on my web.xml file to use this service?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

André Bezerra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but i think i remember that neo-app.json is only for apps deployed as HTML5 applications? Your app is deployed as Java application, so you could use Java API to query thos details. but maybe i mixing things up here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Mathias,

Currently i have the same opinion as you, the neo-app.json probably only works for HTML5 applications. I have used the equivalent Java API to retrieve user informatiom without any problems.

Neo-App.Json seems to work like a deployment descriptor for the HTML5 application so i'm just wondering if there is any equivalent reference that i can set in the web.xml of the java application to be able to reference the userapi service used by HTML5 applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i looked into it, but unfortunatly it is not clear to me what the userapi actually is. In case it is a REST service there should be a way how to query it, Any equivalent for web.xml is not known to me. Maybe you could create a html5 hello world application, configure the neo-app.json and take a look what it actually does?

Regards

Mathias

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That's correct, neo-app.json is only for HTML5 apps, there is no such mapping for Java apps. In Java apps, you can query user attributes via the Java API: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Cheers,

--Vlado

Answers (0)