cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported encoding ISO-8859-1 for the 'TRE.".settings":org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs' file; only UTF-8 encoding is supported.

0 Kudos

All,

I am trying to create a Application Project under SAPUI5 Application Development, choosing library sap.ui.commons and development paradigm as JavaScript.  So far everything looks good. 

Using SAP HANA Studio version Version: 2.1.4 and i have installed Eclipse Luna, Eclipse Juno and SAPUI5 (Juno version).

When i try to select TEAM->Share Project, then i am getting the following error on the newly created SAPUI5 application:

Share project with SAP HANA team provider (see error log).  the string "TRE' is the SAPUI5 application name i have created.

Unsupported encoding ISO-8859-1 for the 'TRE.".settings":org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs' file; only UTF-8 encoding is supported.

Apply the quick fix to change the encoding settings.

I have checked forums/discussions and step by step went through the preference settings and everywhere encoding is set to UTF-8 but still not able to share the project /activate the project.

Also i tried to open the .org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs and see right click from inside to see if there is any quick fix avaiable and i am getting message none available.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

is your text file encoding really set to UTF-8? You can check it in the Eclipse preferences under General -> Workspace in area "Text file encoding".

Best Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos

Hi Florian

Thanks for your quick response.

I checked "Text file encoding" section and the default is UTF-8 and that is what is my current selection is.   

Thanks again

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I currently encountered the exact same problem. Have you already resolved this problem? If that is the case, could you please share the solution in this thread?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Narisu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ashok, Florian and Narisu,

I have encountered similar error messages when trying to activate an org.eclipse.core.resoures.prefs file as well as some other *.properties files.

Per instruction in Florian's reply, I have checked the eclipse text file encoding and it is “Default (UTF-8)".

If any of you have found the solution solving this issue, could you please share it here?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

My problem was solved after the following steps. I am using SAP HANA Studio 2.1.4:

1) Follow the instruction in by Vikrant to add environmental variable JAVA_TOOL_OPTION with its value being -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8;

2) Goto Repositories and select one file that gave error messages when been activated, and goto SAP HANA Studio Menu Selection at the top and select "File";

3) Select "Properties" inside "File" pulldown menu;

4) At the "Text file encoding" section, click on the "Other" and select "UTF-8" inside the pulldown menu beside the "Other";

5) Click OK

6) Activate the file and it does the activation without any error in my case;

7) Follow the above steps for every file that has the same problem.

Just to report my progress and hope the above is applicable to your problems as well.

Best Regards,

Dennis

chri_schmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same kind of issue when trying to run Team -> Share Project.

I hit following message :

"Unsupported encoding ISO-8859-1 for the 'odataBasic.".settings":org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs' file; only UTF-8 encoding is supported. Apply the quick fix to change the encoding settings."

I tried the environment variable. It was not enough to fix the issue.

Then I changed the encoding of the file mentioned in the error message with iconv utility.

( I used the iconv utility of cygwin. )

d://hana_studio_repository/odaBasic/.settings 23# iconv -t utf8  org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs

eclipse.preferences.version=1

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.inlineJsrBytecode=enabled

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.targetPlatform=1.8

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.compliance=1.8

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.assertIdentifier=error

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.enumIdentifier=error

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.source=1.8

This fixed the issue, I was able to run "Team -> Share Project" afterwards.

Regards Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,
I'm facing the same issue. Could you please tell me what have u changed in the  org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs file ?
what does this stand for : - d://hana_studio_repository/odaBasic/.settings 23#   ?