cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying characteristic values automatically from configurable material to BOM item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to Variant Configuration, Please bear with me if my query looks silly.

My scenario is ,  I have SFG material which is produced in-house and have characteristics - Color and Size and this is converted into FG which is also having same Characteristics and values.

Customer is placing Order for FG material with color and size and based on that sale order is created and MRP is run for creating planned orders.

My problem is while creating sale order,we are assigning characteristic values for FG based on customer requirements. My requirement is same values need to be copied to SFG (since it has same characteristic values) automatically and should reflect in planned order of SFG.

Please help me to achieve this or correct if my understanding is wrong.

Regards

Rajasekar.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rajasekar sankaran,

I guess it will work out automaticaly as the characterstics are same used in Models and FG & SFG are connected through BOM's.

I suggest build a demo model like below just using basic VC and give it a try.

FG: M_FG

Class : Class_FG

Characterstic : CHAR_1, CHAR_2

Create configuration profile and use multilevel explosion with BOM application PP01.

FG: M_SFG

Class : Class_SFG

Characterstic : CHAR_1, CHAR_2

Create configuration profile and use multilevel explosion with BOM application PP01.

Use CU50 or VA01  to simulate, create sales order for FG and check all deatils as per your thread plan order , production order etc)

It may work for you if not share you findings and issues you see and forum will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your input. before starting this scenario, I have a doubt do I need to assign object dependencies for BOM item. If yes, what will be the coding used. Please advice me .

Regards

Rajasekar.S

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rajasekar sankaran,

If you are selecting BOM components based upon values assigned to characteristic you need to assign object dependencies type" selection condition".

My suggestion is please go though basic VC help on sap.help.com, before posting issues in forum , you can even search the forum there is lots of information on all this basics.

you can use below link too.

Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Selection Conditions - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Also , please mark the replies helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Thanks for your inputs . This is working as per requirement.

One more input is reqd, which IS is using VC.

regards

Rajasekar

Answers (0)