cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW VA21 Sudden Stop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In DEV, we have created an LSMW batch recording under transaction VA21. The order type requires a reference document to proceed. Without batch recording, we usually encounter the message: "Customer XXXXXX: contact person 0000000000 is not created" but SAP usually allows us to proceed to the next screen. There was no problem with the batch recording in DEV.

When we transported the recording in PRD, however after the contact person message shows up SAP suddenly stops the input, creating no document. Why does LSMW suddenly stop after the contact person message? Is there a method to get around it so we can mass process transactions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be that that your message customizing for message VP 203 is different in your systems?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Execute in background mode

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi,

Just tried the background proecessing. Unfortunately it did not work too...

For now we were processing semi automatically using a recording from SHDB with cont. after commit.

But we are still hoping we could make the LSMW work though.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly get the help of an ABAP ér . He would include the necessary code to process the LSMW .

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR Kumar,

Thanks sir. We will resort to ABAP when we have exhausted all our remaining options.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When we transported the recording in PRD

I presume it is not transported but imported and exported.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able to transport the recording project by clicking extras --> generate change request.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have identified the screen where it is stopping , then check in your recording for any variable on the screen value and maintain it as" X" which would read as enter and proceed further.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we found no field in the recording which can be a placeholder for "X" as in some radio button or check boxes. More details in the recording in the message above. Maybe you can find more meaning in the recording.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your initial recording in DEV server the message and the action to proceed further has not been recorded.

In PRD server the screen sequence and the message may vary and it might lead to no further progress in the LSMW screens.

If possible create an LSMW in QAS ( Copy of PRD would be fine) and check .

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR Kumar,

We retried running LSMW in DEV and in PRD. Both execution encountered the contact person message. the DEV proceeded to the next screen, however.

We tried running on foregound for both cases in case the screen sequence varies. The screen sequence looked the same though. We tried messing with the foreground execution further. It seems that for a screen which has no recording SAP issues a message "No batch input for screen XXXXX"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you would not mask the most important information in the message then you could eventually already have the solution.

Where is the sense to hide the screen number in this message "No batch input for screen XXXXX"

Do you really think that is a confidential information?

Also it would be good if you would give a screenshot from the Batch Input data (can be found in SM35)

In a batch process you cannot make decisions, so you have to make the decisions earlier in the recording.  The recording is static and one recording cannot serve 2 variants. you have to do a recording for changes where you have the message and a recording where you do not get this message. And you need to analyse your data first to know which customers have to be processed with which recording.

I explained this error about "no batch input data for screen  "  in my blog about material master.

It may give you an idea how such problem occurs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir

After referencing a document, recording continues up to screen 4413

After which recording continues to screen 4001 then proceeds up to saving the document:

PRD Recording:

After referencing a document, recording continues up to screen 4413

After which the recording no longer proceeds to screen 4001. It is considered by SAP as done. no document is created.

If you like to look at out created recording for DEV and PRD, here it is:

DEV:

PRD (Notice how the recording stops at screen 4413):

Screens looked the same though.

Thank you for providing the link to your blog..I am currently reading it and all the relevant links written on it.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you have authority to create contacts this way in the production system?

Is the document created if you do it without recording in production environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean using transaction VAP1 to create a contact, we currently do not use it. But I have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW in my user ID.

And yes I can create the new quotation using a reference document manually. I am able to do it directly in VA21 in both DEV and PRD environments. Users without SAP_ALL encounter the contact person not created message regularly as well. And they can proceed to the next screen with no problems. They just need to click the check icon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information (Logs from SM35):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional Clue: I was able to get around the sudden stop under transaction SHDB when I tick cont. after commit. Is there a way for me to do the same thing in LSMW?