Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch number issue in production order

former_member221822
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PP experts,

There are some production order occurred a issue, some of component's batch number had already been used in other production order, but It will also be bring out into new production order.

For example, I create a production order.

But I found the batch 0001289314 and 0001289317 for component A5E35199548 were already used in other production order (order number: 800012238459).

Why it will be occurred this issue, what is the root cause?

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

As suggested by above forum members

Batch number we can allocate to partial quantity of GRN made materials i.e. the same batch number can be consumed in different production orders until the stock lies with that batch number

similarly serial number is a quantity specific i.e. based on quantity the no of serial numbers will gets allocated

the same serial number can't used for the same material different production orders

Regards,

Venkatesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A batch can be use in different production orders if the batch quantity is not completely consume in one production order.

For example if bath A for component X total quantity is 10

If in first production order only one 1 quantity is required and consumed  then 9 can be used/consumed in another production orders.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the stock of the component A5E35199548 for the batches 0001289314 and 0001289317 in mmbe. If stock is present for the above batches then for the next production orders system will pick the these batches. one more thing is the batches are assigned in the order manually or through batch determination ???.

Check and revert...

Thanks

Kumar