cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Data Type which is available in my External WSDL file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported an external definition (http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?WSDL) and have a SimpleType Currency in it as follows. Please let me know how to import the same SimpleType (Currency) and use it in my Data Type.

<s:complexType>

<s:sequence>

<s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="FromCurrency" type="tns:Currency" />

<s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="ToCurrency" type="tns:Currency" />

</s:sequence>

</s:complexType>

</s:element>

<s:simpleType name="Currency">

<s:restriction base="s:string">

<s:enumeration value="AFA" />

<s:enumeration value="ALL" />

<s:enumeration value="DZD" />

<s:enumeration value="ARS" />

<s:enumeration value="AWG" />

</s:restriction>

</s:simpleType>

In my Data Type I wat to use Currency as my type.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u import wsdl no need of having DT created...use it in MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

I am creating a Outbound Message Type which is having two fields FromCurrency and ToCurrency both of type string. While doing the mapping to the Webservice request, found that the FromCurrency should be of type "Currency" and NOT string. I want to know how to create a element of Type Currency which is defined in WSDL.

Regards

Vijay

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u need to change it in the wsdl and reimport it again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

The thirdparty WSDL (http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?WSDL) which is having the definition of the Simple Type "Currency" is not created by me and so I dont have any control on it to change the Type. Even if I change it locally, I am not sure how my External Webservice will accept it.

I want to reuse the same type in my Data Type.

Regards

Vijay.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the dependant objkect for outbpound message type? is it a DT or WSDL. if it is a data type then u may need to goto the data type and change it if it is a wsdl then u may need to change it using some editors and reimprot it

0 Kudos

I would like to create a scenario using the CurrencyConvertor webservice in our XI environment, and would be interested in your scenario to see how I can create the same here.

I have been able to import the External definition, but I am having troubles identifying the message types, data types and interfaces necessary to get this working.

Can you help me?

Thanks