Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value help on Extension Field

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an Extension field created using KUT on Customer UI which has now Drop down values. I would like to have an value Help ( like F4 in SAP GUI ) on the extension field.

I have gone through the youtube vedio Cloud Applications Studio: Add Value Help to Extension Field - YouTube from Stefan , which is very helpful, however the only difference I have here is that I don't have a standard OVS Component. I would like to have the OVS component with the same values as from Drop down list.

1. How do I create a Custom OVS component for an Extension field?

2. How do I add change the Drop down to Value help for the extension field using SDK.

Regards,

Amber Badam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An OVS is a special UX pattern to allow you to choose an instance of a BO and attach it to another BO. For example, in a C4C Ticket there is an  OVS for Account. You can choose from a list of Accounts and pick just one to be attached to the Ticket. A dropdown is a code list and cannot be represented as an OVS.

So if you want to have an OVS, you will need to use SDK. KUT at this point in time does not allow you to create OVS type UI elements, but is something we are planning to support in KUT eventually.

1. Pick a standard object as the OVS object (any C4C object can be represented as an OVS on a custom object) or create/use a new custom object

2. On the extension field set it as either a UUID or ID data type (depends on the usecase your are trying to achieve but both are supported)

If you are trying to add an OVS on a standard UI

3a. Extend the standard UI and use the extensibility explorer to add the extension field to the UI.

3b. Use ID feature to choose a custom or standard OVS for the extension field (some of the common OVS's you see in C4C can be reused for custom scenarios). If you dont find one as a public OVS, then you will need to create a custom OVS UI on the standard BO. There is a blog on the SDK SCN community how to do this.

If you are trying to add an OVS on a custom UI

3a. Set the UI element to type OVS

3b. Choose a custom or standard OVS

Answers (0)