Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension fields in Web Service ManageJournalEntryIn

jasmin_schaad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all

We would like to extend the UI Line Item (second screen).

I open WOC Receivables View Customer Accounts. Then I open Item Details.

There I created an extension field.

This extension field I like to use in Webservice ManageJournalEntryIn.

Unfortunately there are no services in the list.

Do I have any other option to get these additional fields in the required web service?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Jasmin Schaad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jasmin_schaad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi collegues

Does somebody have any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Jasmin Schaad

anand_dethg
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

Since there are no web services available in the services tab as a standard you will not be able to extend the custom field to web services. You will have to check from your end if you can use PDI to make the field available in web services.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you expect the extension field to be available in ManageJournalEntryIn webservice, then you would have to extend the Journal Entry UI's. When I look at the screenshots, it appears to me that the UI's are not based on Journal Entry.

Prashanth

knutheusermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

The web service ManageJournalEntryIn creates so called Financial Notifications. The financial notification is a kind of central entry point for external financially relevant documents (e.g. externally processed customer and supplier invoices, general ledger postings triggered by an external system, ...). Based on the financial notification ByD triggers (depending on its type) various financial processes incl. accounting, payment and tax management.

You find the ByD UI that shows financial notifications in WoC: General Ledger > Source Documents > Action: View Business Transaction.

Today the interface ManageJournalEntryIn is unfortunately not extensible.

Beside the financial notification ByD offers as well web services for Journal Entry Vouchers (JEV) and Journal Entries (JE):

• the web service ManageAccountingEntryIn can be used to create JEV, and
  • the web service QueryJournalEntryIn can be used to search and read journal entries.

Both web services are extensible.

The web service ManageAccountingEntryIn can be enhanced via WoC General Ledger > Journal Entry Vouchers.

The web service QueryJournalEntryIn can be enhanced via WoC General Ledger > Journal Entries.

However, as Journal Entries are typically read-only, adding extension fields to JEs only make sense in context of a SAP Cloud Applications Studio Add-on in which these extension fields are filled automatically before save.

A possible scenario which makes sense would be for example:

1. Add extension field to JEV and web service ManageAccountingEntryIn to create JEV incl. the extension field.
  2. Forward the extension field from the JEV to the JE using the extension scenario "Journal Entry Voucher - Line Item to Journal Entry - Line Item".
  3. Add the forwarded extension field to web service QueryJournalEntryIn to read the JE incl. the extension field.

Best regards,

Knut

dirklaubisch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Knut,

how do we get the communication arrangement with QueryJournalEntryIn (and ManageAccountingEntryIn)?

Best regards

Dirk

knutheusermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

For web service QueryJournalEntryIn you can simply create your own communication scenario in work center Application and User Management, view Communication Scenario.

The web service ManageAccountingEntryIn can be used by business users that have the authorization to create journal entry vouchers (users that have access to work center General Ledger, view Journal Entry Vouchers). Unfortunately this web service cannot yet be used in communication arrangements because this web service was designed for the purpose to upload journal entry vouchers from Excel. 

Best regards,

Knut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Heusermann,

We received the information, that it should be possible to have customer specific fields available on ManageJournalEntryIn since this weekend. Can you confirm this information?

On creating customer specific fields we receive error message and in the webservice, we don't find a way to access it.

Thank you for your support,

Best Regards,

Simon Helbling

knutheusermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Helbling,

as of ByD 1511 it is not possible to add extension fields to web service ManageJournalEntryIn and as far as I know there are currently no plans to enable extensibility for this web service as well.

Best regards,

Knut Heusermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Heusermann,

Thank you very much for your update.

We are in touch with Cloud Support on this subject and would love to setup a call with you and our Cloud Supporter (Lost), to discuss your idea with ManageAccountingEntryIn.

Best Regards,

Simon Helbling