cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete SWCV and all objects inside on Prod?

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have some scenarios on prod which are not productive anymore. Therefore we would like to delete them.

All objects that should be deleted are within one SWCV. On Dev and QA this SWCV is not existing anymore (only on Prod). I suppose somebody must have deleted this SWCV manually from dev and QA a while ago. Unfortuantely I don't find this SWCV in any transportable changelists of any user anymore.

How can we proceed to delete the SWCV and all underlying objects from the produciton system?

Is it enough to delete the SWCV from SLD? Or do we have to reimport the objects from prod to dev, delete all objects on dev and then transport the deleted objects? Is there any lightweight solution how to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

You can directly delete the SWCV in the Production and then remove in SLD.

But make sure that corresponding ID objects are inactive/deleted because channel might throw error for these deleted scenarios.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately I don't have authorizations to edit the objects directly on production. But at least I managed to get authority for a basis admin to perform this manual intervention. He has checkmarked the original and modifiable flags in the SWCV and deleted all objects and namespaces manually which were inside the SWCV. On SLD the SWCV was also removed.

Now he still needs to remove the SWCV from the ESR view. He can only access the ESR from NWDS in the PI designer perspective and told me he does not find an option how to remove the SWCV there. I checked on the dev system and also don't see how a SWCV can be removed via NWDS. Do you have any idea if/how this can be done without using the swing client?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I doubt you can delete using NWDS.Guess swing client is the only option.

Tell him to assign the role to edit SWCV and delete it.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You would need to delete on the SLD and in the ESR (changing this checkbox:

Also in the ID you should to delete the objects relationed, pay attention that the business component could be shared with more scenarios.

Regards.