cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of status during dismantling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Users,

I am unable to change status (valuation type) of materialized equipment (in the tab Material Doc) being dismantled so that the defective spare may be sent to store for later refurbishment.

Shall be grateful if someone might explain the right procedure to change the status of the spare part. I am using Trx IE4N.

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply. I am using transaction IE4N (as already stated above).

The problem is that during the transaction, when I change the status of the spare from Usable to Defective the system changes the status back to "Usable".

Am I missing some setting somewhere? Shall be grateful for a solution to my dilemma.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try one more thing, if you are using refurbishment order.

While entering the details on header screen, there will be following fields:

From     Plant     Stroage location     Batch

To          Plant     Storgae location      Batch     Valuation Type

Check whether the "Valuation Type" mentioned above in bold is empty or not.

If it is empty, try creating a new order with "Valuation Type" filled with the value and then try.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that Refurbishment order is used for the actual refurbishment of a defective part. During this process activities are performed (internal / external) during which the defective part is repaired (actual physical activities) and status (Valuation Type) is set during order creation such that at material doc posting status is changed from Defective to Refurbished.

My scenario is prior to the above process.

What I am trying to simulate (in SAP) is the process by which I dismantle the rotable part which has become unusable (Defective). Using Tcode IE4N the system allows me to dismantle the defective part and at the same time send the part to store as defective (status). But the requirement on the part of the user is (as I understand) to change the status of the part from New or Refurbished (as the case may be) to Defective by changing the status in the MatDoc tab of the IE4N user screen.

My problem is when change the status (Valuation Type) to Defective and press enter I find that the status field value changes back to the original one (New). I want that I am able to post the docs using the status that I am keying in into the status field (i.e. Defective).

I hope my situation is clear now.

Thanks.

BR

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobe,

Can you please share the screenshot where you are able to change the status to defective ?

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks for your reply.

I am pasting two screen dumps - one of the initial IE4N interface with data keyed in (IMG 1) and another where I am trying to change the status (Valuation Type) (IMG 2).

As I have already stated once I change the status from C1 to C2 or C3 on pressing Enter key the status changes back to C1.

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks.

BR

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobe,

Check in IQ02 for the material and Serial number combination, the valuation type is based on Stock Batch and Master Batch.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

When a part is to be replaced from a superior equipment, transaction IE4N will be used to first dismantle the part and send for storage as defective. Somewhere around this process the valuation type of the part should be changed (from "Serviceable" to "Defective").

My query is at which stage do I declare the part as "defective" in the system? Because when I take this part out of storage for refurbishment how does the system know that the part is defective? Can I not change the valuation type during IE4N?

In IQ02 the Master Batch is C1 and Stock Batch is "" (blank).

Thanks,

BR

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobe,

I dont think this will be done automatically.

Material / Serial with Valuation  type shows, when you are doing IE4N, the equipment is dismantled and stock is added to the corresponding valuation type.

Below post and discussion should help you a bit. I am do not have SAP now, so check this for your reference.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3290340

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

1. When the part XYZ is in working order and assigned to superior equip ABC the valuation type will be: C1

2. After being in service for sometime, XYZ develops faults and has to be removed from ABC

3. Valuation type of XYZ: C1

4. We use IE4N to dismantle XYZ from ABC and send it to store (MvT 262)

5. Valuation type of XYZ still: C1

I am able to carry out normal IE4N steps as would be required as described above without any issue.

My problem?

A. When is the valuation type of XYZ  changed from C1 to C3 (Damaged)?

B. Do I need to carry out any other transaction step/s to achieve this?

Thanks.

BR

Message was edited by: Kobe Prade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

May I have a feedback pl?

BR

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobe,

As per the earlier message, all the 5 steps are correct.

If you want the material to be moved from C1 to C3, in IE4N you need to enter the valuation type as C3 and execute.

Since you have maintain only the Master Batch, system will allow you to change the valuation type in IE4N.

If you just remove C1 and press Enter, system will populate C1 again. Rather than input the valuation type you want to change and save it.

In continuation to your process

Step 6 : Enter the details in IE4N and enter the valuation type C2 or C3 to which you want to move and save.

Step 7 : Verify the Material and Serial Number in IQ03, you can see the batch is changed to C2 or C3 respectively.

When you re-install the Equipment after correcting the maintenance, the Master Batch will be C2 now.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Could not check earlier (traveling).

Today carried out the transaction as you have advised (i.e. "changing valuation type from the default to C3 and pressing "Save" without pressing Enter") but I am afraid the situation remains the same. On checking in IQ03 the Stock val. type was changed from "" (blank) to "C1". Also in material master the stock of valuation type "C1" has increased by One (1) (stock of val. type C3 of course remained the same as before).

Any thoughts?

BR

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koba,

Normally it should not be the case.

Can you ask your abaper to check, why this defaults to C1, I dont have any issue on doing it.

Regards

Terence