Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Multimapping for IDocs

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi community

I was under assumption that mutlimapping will work for target idocs also. but as said in the last part of the blog :

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible and

refering further to the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

i'm bit confused on the execution part.

What happens when i have mutlimapping for idoc(target) and execute...using enhanced recv determination? if it executes well does it conflicts with the link on i had understood wrong?

kindly clarify

thks

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IDOCs you don't have multimapping functionality on adapter engine. But if the occurency is changed (in message definition) to 1 to many then it will be automatically splited on IDOC adapter (ABAP stack).

Please check this Michal's blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Wojciech

Message was edited by:

Wojciech Gasiorowski

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all

thks for ur patience and intrest in replying. once my sys is up i'll check and keep posted for any issues in this as a separate thread. thks onceagain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today I checked it and I can confirm (as previous posts) that in this case you will get such error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!--  Technical Routing 
  --> 
- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">
  <SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="OUTBINDING">CO_TXT_MMF_ENGINETYPE</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1 /> 
  <SAP:P2 /> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText /> 
  <SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> 
  <SAP:Stack>Messages in multi message format can be sent to one adapter engine only</SAP:Stack> 
  <SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 
  </SAP:Error>

So If you would like to create such scenario you have to either create two mappings and configure interface determination or dive into BPM.

-

Regards,

Wojciech

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thks again Wojciech.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi guys

anymore thoughts or inputs on this?

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Like mentioned by others, the actual spliiting of messages happens in the J2EE engine.

What this implies is that the message sent from the integration engine will be something like <Message > <Message1 > and so on.

The splitting of this messages into individual messages being passed to the correspoinding adapters happen in the adapter engine.

So, as Idoc adapters run on the ABAP stck and spliiting happens in the J2EE stack, the multimappiun does not work with idoc's.

You need to use either Idoc packaging or BPM or multiple Inbound interfaces one for each idoc.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okie thks for the inputs bhavesh. and just to clarify again: if the scenario is build as auch and executed will an error be triggered in moni?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you will get a runtime error in XI.

The error wil be something like message split works only for adapters running on adapter engine or something of that sort.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in my messsage mapping for target i have two idocs and had mapped the soruce to both the target idocs. in this case how the system works when i execute the interface? will the message split happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc adapter is not on J2EE stack so message split won't work. Also merging definitions is not possible because you cannot have two IDOC elements with different structure. Actually it's very interesting what will happen, I've to check it on my system.

Regards,

Wojciech

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

will the error be tracked in sxmb_moni in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tomorrow I'll check it.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

yes, u r able to see the error in SXMB_MONI.

the error looks like

<SAP:Stack>Messages in multi-message format can only be sent to one Adapter Engine</SAP:Stack> .

So we clearly confirm that it is not possible by sending two different IDOCs by using multimapping.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi chinna

thks for the info....i'm unable to check on it as my sys will be down for sometime.