cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personas 3.0 installation

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have personas 2.0 sp3 in our system as per our requirement now we need to upgrade it to personas 3.0 can you please guide me with the installtion and can we apply the addon through SAINT or is any procedure to install the addon.

Please find the below system details

EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0

SAP_BASIS 740 0004 SAPKB74004 SAP Basis Component

Database: Sybase

PERSOS 200 0003 SAPK-20003INPERSOS PERSONAS

Kernel : 741 Sup.Pkg lvl 201

Regards,

Shiva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

In the installation guides for PERSONAS 3.0 there is nothing stipulated regarding the upgrade from PERSONAS 2.0 to 3.0.

I am in the middle of an upgrade ERP EHP4 (Personas add-on 2.0 already installed) to EHP7 (preferably with PERSONAS 3.0).

During MOPZ tx I have selected Personas 3.0 in add-on selection phase, but is seems that SUM is treating the 2 versions separately and not complementary.

Has anyone been in this situation? Or what do you suggest? Should I install with SUM Personas 3.0, because the stack is already created and packages downloaded?

Thank you,

Theo

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Theo,

the two versions of screen personas are independent and therefore treated separately. That's absolutely correct, you can have both versions running independently on your system as stated earlier in this thread.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation guide for Personas 3 is here: SAP Screen Personas 3.0 – SAP Help Portal Page. Read this and the checklists Mohanraj Nanjappan linked to above and you should be fine. The process isn't hard. Let us know if you have any problems.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve & mohan,

Thanks for the reply.

We have installed personas 300 successfully  but still we are able to see both personas300 & persos200 in our system status. Please find the belwo screen shot.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shiva.

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

PERSONAS 300 is Personas 3.0

PERSOS 200 is Personas 2.0

You have both versions in your system.

Regards,

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for the reply,If we have both the versions means we will get any conflicts in personas or nothing will happen to it.

Regards,

Shiva.

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Both versions of Personas have their own set of settings and tables. So there will not be any conflicts.

Regards,

Mohan

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Please refer to below link for more details for Personas 3.0 installation prerequisites.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/Pre+and+post+installation+Checklist

Regards,

Mohan