cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM Web UI access to external parties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are planning to provide EM web UI link access to external parties like drivers to trigger unloading end and few other unexpected events.

Can anyone let us know what would be the settings I should be consider like

- Client firewall settings ( if any further details are much appreciated on this)

- Any services to activate?

- User authorizations (Hope I can mange this)

We are looking more of technical part of the configuration than the functional, and also please let us know key points to be considered before exposing this link to the external parties.

Regards,

Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu and Gopi,

Thank you for quick response and valuable inputs, I could configure Alerts and send EM web UI link using the above information.

Observations:

To generate EH specific UI use option-2 in Link (Interface) of alert category definition, this also required a variant for service "em_fpm_ehdetail" with same name as web transaction.

Finally thanks a TON for your help.

Regards,

Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

This has been discussed many times in this SAP EM forum to enable SAP EM WebUI to third party to report the events from their network.

Check this link

You have to perform below steps:

1. Create a subnode of custom Web Int. Transaction under Tcode SICF -> default host -> sap -> bc -> webdynpro -> saptrx -> em_fpm_ui

2. Create a new user role (copy of /SAPTRX/SAP_EM_ADMIN) and assign authorization to post event only for this Web Transaction

3. Assign newly created user role in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Assign User Profiles to Roles

4. If you want to restrict event message, expected events and status then create custom Filter profile in IMG -> Event Management -> Authorizations and Filters -> Define Filter Profiles

5. Assign newly created filter profile in IMG -> Event Management -> Authorizations and Filters -> Assign Filter Profiles to Roles

6. You have to whitelist customer network IP address and enable their network with the help of Basis team.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

If it's TM, did you consider carrier collaboration portal which is mostly used by External Partners/Carriers/Vendors.

For EM WEBUI, you need the following settings/configurations.

For firewall: Check with Basis and Security or network admins on how to open it for external parties.

For Services, activate SICF services: default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/saptrx/

For Authorizations, you need to configure the Authorizations in the following sections. The documentation has all the info to start with and what to configure.

Thanks,

Vishnu