cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Print Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While taking print preview of billing document, I am getting an additional box for taking print preview. I do not want this additional message. How to deactivate this. I am sharing screen shots step by step. <Text removed by Moderator>

Screen Shot 1:

Screen Shot 2:

Screen Shot 3: This additional box is not required while taking print preview.

Regards

Abhishek

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AL

Please make sure that in your driver program, before calling the smartform

You have this line in place,

T_SSFCTRLOP-NO_DIALOG = 'X'.

If you are not a ABAP consultant, please consult with ABAP consultant to look into the driver program where the smartform is called.  The driver program is specified in your NACE.  (Hope you will be knowing this ).

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswaran,

I have gone through all standard settings in NACE and all are correct. Now I am going through your solution. Will check and update this forum.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkateswaran,

I have gone through your solution and its working fine. Thanks for this suggestion.

Regards

Abhishek

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkateswaran,

very nice! Please explain why this piece of code is written in some print programs? any benefits? describe some business scenarios.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

You are right. I never faced such an issue in any other client. Finally I requested my ABAPer to help me out for this issue. Besides we need to understand why and under what situation, system shows such additional box.

Regards

Abhishek

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,
There is learning in this thread! Thanks!

We can examine the 3rd popup to check what are the fields and what values we can enter there, and go backwards to infering some use/function of it. It will be great if Venkateswaran or others explain with business examples.

I see output device and spool details but here we want to see just the print preview, so I don't understand the benefit or use of these fields.

For a functional analst, it is important to understand what function does this 3rd popup serve.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Adding to above solution, my ABAPer has written this function to control the additional box. Though not able to understand what is it.... But sharing here.

Now waiting for Mr. Venkateswaran to respond for the same and business scenario.

Regards

Abhishek

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

As you know the Driver program that connects the Billing document and Print - (through NACE).

Basically following are the quite frequent requirements in my earlier implementations.  

1. User Default values in SU01 - is not provided with appropriate Printer names and other details. So in that case, if this popup is not there, there may be error in previewing / print the output.

2. User wants to chose different printer before printing the invoice.

3. Based on some conditions, user is not allowed to preview/print the output. For example, if the invoice is not posted to Account, it should not be printed.

In all such conditions, the drive program is manipulated with such flags to control the print.

The smartform provides with such parameters to control them,

Regards,

Venkat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AL,

As suggested by TW, the same can be achieve. In case you had not maintain output record, then you can do it by going in Billing document - Header - output - select output type ZCOI - click on communication tab - enter output device as LP01 and also select the check box Print Immediately.

This two setting will resolve your issue.

Thanks

SS

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

screen shot 3 is coming because in transmission medium 1 print, you must give the output device (e.g. printer). This can be given in the output condition record VV31/2, button Communication. By this the third box will not appear.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The above settings I have already done, still same issue is coming. Any other solution do we have for this...

Regards

Abhishek

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A L,

Check other billing output types, where you don't get popup3, then compare the output type setup, in NACE and the condition records in VV33. In all the output types in my client system, after popup 2, I see the print preview directly.

Also, remove some data from popup3 and check which information is mandatory. this might give you an idea.

TW

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you check the Print Immediately check box is marked or not in output masters or at billing doc -m header - output.

Thanks

SS

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SS,

In my client's system, even when the data/time is 3 (and not 4 print immediately), I donot get the popup 3. If we think about it, the user wants to see the print preview and it doesnot have to do with the actual printing.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumeet,

It has been checked..

Regards

Abhishek

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using a z-driver program for this billing document.?

If so, you can suppress this dialog.

Add the following statment.

T_SSFCTRLOP-NO_DIALOG = 'X'.

where T_SSFCTRLOP is defined as ..

DATA: T_SSFCTRLOP TYPE SSFCTRLOP.   "FOR SMART FORMS

change appropriately in your driver program

Regards,

Venkat