cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate check on Initial Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Create Mode CR, user can select the already existing keys and on the processing screen, he can change the corresponding values of other fields.

But I was assuming this would be Change mode functionality, how is it allowed in Create mode?

How to restrict user from  selecting already existing keys?

As these are key fields, they are not processed on further screen if I enable duplicate checks there. Need to check on Initial screen, how?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to give more details. Which data model are you using and how do you start the create? From search or create specific application?

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

It is a custom data model, I copy the UI from the standard ( deep copy)  and add a variant with UIBB for the Modelled fields.

Cheers

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I assume you're datamodel is flex, as it is an own datamodel.

Normally if you go from searh result with new (the MDG logical action is CREATE), you get anerror if you select a key which already exists. Assuming it is the primary key of the 1 entity you change.

But the check is against records which exist in the staging area (flex mode). So if you want to check against records in the normal tables, you have to build the check your self.

Cheers,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am using Flex model with generated tables.

Data once  activated is stored in the generated tables.

When I start create mode ( CREATE mode) directly without searching, I am able to enter the Keys already existing, yes primary key on the generated table.

On the next screen, data is pulled from the generated tables and displayed. I was expecting an error preventing me from going on to the next screen.

Cheers

Mustafa

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So from your Role Menu you start with parameter ACTION=CREATE. And you are not using edition logic?

If it is not working it is hard to tell for me.

I hope you find the solution. Keep me posted if you do!

Cheers,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is correct, I use the CREATE parameter and not using editions.

Thanks for you help Henk, will keep updated on any solution I find.

Cheers

Mustafa