Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Mobile Add-On for Delta

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Ref - http://sapvod.edgesuite.net/TechEd/TechEd_Berlin2014/pdfs/mob203.pdf

Is the Mobile Add-on a licensed product or part of SMP licensing ?

As i understand this was part of the Agentry framework which got merged into the SMP 3.0 stack. Has anybody tried this for delta query handling for non-agentry scenarios ?

We have been using the traditional techniques of change pointers or "CHANGED" column values in table to do the delta.

Regards,

Parag.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP RIG  / Product ManagementTeam,

Would be good to get some info on my query above.

Regards,

Parag.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your first question, you may be better served by inquiring in the Go To Market sections of sap.com.  Generally the folks here do not get involved in terms and conditions or other sales and licensing questions. 

If you are a customer, you should contact your AE (Account Executive).  If you are a Partner, then you probably want to reach out to the Partner Edge support person for your company.

While not an expert, I have been monitoring Agentry questions for several years and have never seen anyone apply the delta handling outside of Agentry,  I don't even think it has come up since I first got training on Work Manager, though it was asked by someone in the class. 

Good question and why not take advantage of the capabilities elsewhere.  May also be limited by those terms and conditions, but not sure.

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike, the AE/PSA route will be challenging unless we have a deal on the table 🙂 Cant blame them, its a fact we deal with everyday.

I am trying to avoid building framework which i feel the platform should offer. The other challenge is that for such items, if its not common knowledge, then its not a strategic focus for solving a problem (in this case delta), hence licensing can change any quarter and we will be in trouble if we bet on this. I hope i am not too blunt.

Let me try other routes and will post the finding here.

Regards,

Parag.