Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Channel Administrator

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I have some questions.

1. Does Afaria Channel Administrator (the last version) work with Android v4, v5 now?

2. If it works, where can I find an example for creating a new event (eg, send file to client, get file from client)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

All is working now!

Thanks to everyone for your help. I realized what the problem was. І had just click run channel.

Is there  any other possibilities in Afaria to send (get) a file to (from) KNOX, except Channel Administrator?

0 Kudos

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer (closes, but does not lock the Discussion) and Helpful Answer where appropriate. See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be. 

Do not use Assumed Answered as it confuses anyone looking for the specific answer.  If you dig into the Getting Started link (top right of each SCN page), you are only instructed to mark Helpful or Correct Answers to Discussion responses. 

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who helped.

I have done all the steps, but I still don’t know how to send a file on android device. I mean, which way I sould prescribe for android devices. For Windows everything is clear. For example:

Source:

C: \ Users \ Administrator \ Desktop \ About Newtest.docx

Target

C: \ Users \ Administrator \ Desktop

I have a problem with Android. And there is a problem with Afaria Session too. The path is not visible in Afaria

The file isn’t located on the device.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Olga,

I am not sure that is the right path.  Try /sdcard/<folder>/*.* as the destination and make sure it is set to create the path or is pointing to a folder that exists.

I have done this countless times and have it working so it must be a matter of pathing.

Tracy

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

I have a question. Can I use the channel administrator for sending file (getting file) to the container KNOX?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Knox is a secure container.  I would not expect to be able to.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Olga,

You can also take a look at this SCN WIKI document http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Mechanisms+to+manage+Android+devices+with+the+Afaria+Ses...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes it does work with current versions of android.  The best place to start is in the documentation.

SAP Afaria – SAP Help Portal Page

Tracy