cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different default values of inspection type 01 is require for different plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 3 plants 1100, 1200, 1300 where I have maintained 01 ins. Type. How can I maintain different default values like skip lot, auto UD, for one plant we want check, for another we want unchecked. Where to maintain this at plant level.

Thanks for immediately. High appreciate and reward for correct answer.

Jishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jishu,

I am not very sure what you want to achieve for your different plants. Do you wish to have -

* SKIP stage at inspection lot level ? or

* SKIP stage at MIC level ?

For Auto UD - do you mean you wish to put UD through background Job or through system after the waiting time is over (plant level setup) ?

Please be informed that "SKIP" is related to the DMR setup activated at header routing for plant (PLKO-QDYNHEAD). For more explanation, you can go through some previous discussions -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3767419

So, what you should try to do here is that - for the plant where you want to activate SKIP lots (be it at inspection lot level or at MIC level), you should -

a) No need for creating any new inspection type at all.

b) Add DMR rule and activate the 'LEVEL" at which it should work (PLKO-QDYNHEAD).

c) Then you maintain the Quality level, stages, etc

d) Then create a batch job (background job) to put UD = A for only these inspection lots having SKIP lots.

Please note that there are several discussion already posted for many requirements. Please can you try checking those links and see if they helps you.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit,

You are correct. This is what I did.

Jishu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jishu,

It is not possible to maintain different setup for single inspection type as inspection setup is maintained at client level.

As suggested by Alan also a way around are

1. Maintaining custom inspection type for each plant which we also have done for our client.

2. If you don't want to maintain custom inspection type, you can change setup for each material at plant level while assigning inspection type in material master--> Quality management view.

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jishu,

There is no default values for inspection type at the plant level.  Inspection type's default value in configuration applies to all plant. 

You can create new custom inspection type with the same inspection origin to set the different default value and then assign this new custom inspection type for a particular plant.  But I think this may cause some confusion down the road.

Another option is to look into QA08 to mass update inspection type setting for your plant if the default value setting would not fit for certain plant. 

Or you can suggest to the users to check or uncheck certain setting for the inspection type in the plant where default value would not apply.

Hope this helps.

Alan