Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 8.81 PL 09 to 9.1 PL 08 SAP B1

andrea_bassil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there

When try to run the upgrade wizard I got a message " runtime error r6025 pure virtual function" as it comes disappeared. Then allow to go to the next screen to enter B1SiteUser an got a second message: "couldnt connect to license server, enter valid password" I doubted I was not entering the right password, so went to the control center and it opened. The database I am trying to upgrade is there, so I am thinking if maybe the current patch and the one I choose to upgrade are not synchronize.

Any suggestions?

Your assistance is much appreciate

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

andrea_bassil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your help. We came right by installing the client current version 8.81 of SAP   and upgrading it  from there. We were trying to run the upgrade from the Patch by selecting the Database added in SQL which defenitly was taking us no where.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

The base version you are trying to upgrade to SAP 9.1 PL08 is synchronized.

So, you can go for this upgrade directly there is no problem at all

Please see the below note no 2175432 of sap :

SAP Business One Notes

Symptom

This SAP Note contains collective information related to upgrades to SAP Business One 9.1 PL08 (database version number 910180) from

previous SAP Business One releases.

Solution

SAP Business One 9.1 PL08 is currently synchronized to and contains all bug fixes of the following base versions:

l SAP Business One 9.0 PL17 and lower

l SAP Business One 8.82 PL20 and lower

l SAP Business One 8.81 PL11 and lower

l SAP Business One 8.8 PL21 and lower

Upgrade Path Information:

You can upgrade to SAP Business One 9.1 to PL08 from the following versions:

l SAP Business One 9.1 PL07 and lower

l SAP Business One 9.0 PL17 and lower

l SAP Business One 8.82 PL20 and lower

l SAP Business One 8.81 PL11 and lower

l SAP Business One 8.8 PL21 and lower

Note:

l If you are using a version prior to SAP Business One 8.8 release family, upgrade it to SAP Business One 8.8 release family, then you can

upgrade it to SAP Business One 9.1 PL08.

l If you are on a higher patch level than the ones listed above and upgrade to B1 9.1 PL08, this may result in unexpected issues and potential

data loss. Higher versions of released 9.0 patches will be synchronized in upcoming SAP Business One 9.1 patches. For detailed

information, see the respective Overview Note of the follow-up patches in question, once those patches are available.

l SAP Business One 9.1 PL08 contains the integration framework (B1if) version 1.22.0.

l If you are using the intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One, make sure the intercompany version is compatible with this

SAP Business One patch level as specified in SAP note 1844555. You may need to upgrade the intercompany version as well.

Patch Download

Download the patch from https://support.sap.com/software/business-one.html → Updates → SAP BUSINESS ONE → SAP BUSINESS

ONE 9.1 → Comprised Software Component Versions → SAP BUSINESS ONE 9.1 → Windows on x64_64bit → Downloads tab.

To receive information about the delivery of patches through e-mail or RSS, use the subscription options in the upper right corner at SAP Business

One: List of Delivered Patches.

Patch Content

For more information, see the SAP Notes listed in the References section of this note.

Header Data

Validity

2175432 - Overview Note for SAP Business One 9.1 PL08

Version 2 Validity: 01.06.2015 - active Language English

Released On 18.08.2015 03:25:01

Release Status Released for Customer

Component SBO-BC-UPG Upgrade

Priority Recommendations/additional info

Category FAQ

Software Component Version

SAP BUSINESS ONE 9.1

Now the error message you are getting is unknown.

You can try fresh download of the upgrade wizard of 9.1 Pl08.

After that try to run the upgrade.exe with admin rights only. If you server is 2003 or above try out Run with Administrator option

Thanks and Regards

Chandan Lal

Message was edited by: chandan lal

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The server is 64 bit OS along with the SQL server right? As Business One went from a 32 bit to 64 bit when 9.0 family was released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try reset de password in the licence manager

andrea_bassil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hola Luis

B1SiteUser password is correct. I tested it by logging into the SLD/ control center. Hence my suspicion thats is more patches not synchronized becausw password is correct but system message keeps saying password is not.  I will test to first upgrade to version 9 and not 9.1

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the SAP Business One Strategy

https://partneredge.sap.com/en/library/assets/products/ent_mng/sbo/about/sbo/release_snapshots/tr_iu...

it is possible to do it from 8.81 to 9.1 but you can try to a level patch in 9.0

another strategy could be

install SAP 9.1 from 0 in a test server

pass the database to this server

upgrade databases

delete your actual server

install 9.1

pase your migrated databases

good lock