cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial View Manipulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to have multiple initial views with the same data source?

I am trying to use only one data source for two charts to reduce loading time.

I currently am using two similar data source to populate two charts with different initial views.

I cannot seem to manipulate the data in the Data Selection of chart properties very well because the columns are not displayed as they are in HANA. I am seeing a parent child relationship in the initial view and I would like to see all the rows as they are.

Are there better techniques for the Data Binding options for Charts ( i.e Regular Expressions that are associated with the Data Selection for charts or a proper outline of Data Selection abilities )?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

It is not currently possible to create multiple initial views for the same data source.  There is an idea posted for this in the Idea Place.

Can you provide a screenshot of your chart data selection screen so we can provide suggestions accordingly?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mustafa,

This is some example data that I am spoofing and filtering. I am only showing one parent child relationship to make it easier to read. The current data selection is

{"(MEASURE_DIMENSIONS)":["Times Played","Times Bought"], "Album": "Album Name"}

If I wanted to get a chart that included all the album names that gave both measures I would exclude the "Album" selection in the Data Selection property and then it works fine.

If I want to include just the Title 1 of all album names I would need to include "Title":"Title 1" in the Data selection.

There are two charts that I want to create:

X-  axis - album

Y - axis - measures

X- axis - titles (can be dynamic, meaning an album can have any number of titles)

Y- axis - measures

From the data selection and initial view manipulation I can see no way to do this because the Title is dynamic and I would potentially need to use the DS_6.removeDimension("Album") function to drill onto the Title which would remove Album from the first chart.

Thanks

Alex