Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Icon URL property for Portal Fiori Launchpad Page

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are setting up the Fiori Launchpad in Portal, all the iviews properties are maintained to be displayed as tiles. We would like to change the icon displayed on the right hand side of the tile, to something from web resource repository.

The image type property is maintained as 'Image(small)" and the ICOn URL is maintained as - com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile/application_icons/sapstore-tablet.png

But it does not work. Does anybody have any inputs on how the icon should be referenced from the WRR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you put a leading / at beginning:

/com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile/application_icons/sapstore-tablet.png

Also - did you check it in the catalog? the updated tile is in the catalog.

If you have changed the icon url , in any case you shouldnt see the old icon. (in the catalog)

Best Regards,

Tal

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Tal

Yes, I have put the entire path including the slash.

After updating the path, I do not see the old icon. The custom icon also does not appear

The space for the icon is blank.

Thanks

Sandip

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

When you put in the browser direct link for the png in the WRR , do you see it?

for example:

<portal:port>/com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile/application_icons/sapstore-tablet.png

Does this show up?

if it doesnt, make sure the path to the WRR is correct.

if it is, then this needs to check...

best regards,

Tal

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tal

Yes the image shows up if I put in the browser -

<portal:port>/com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile/application_icons/sapstore-tablet.png

But not on the tile. I have cross checked the path - its correctly mentioned in the view properties

image type - Image (small)

icon path - /com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile/application_icons/sapstore-tablet.png

Is there a restriction on what kind of image we use, can we use SVGs??

Thanks for your help

Sandip

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aha...

Perhaps SVG is the issue...

Try out default images , such as PNG or JPG.

If this shows up , then you got the answer...

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tal

I tried with PNG, it didn't work. same with gifs.

I will try with SVGs only if the pngs work.

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does Full-Width work? or also doesnt?

I would try loading in with chrome , then inspect with F12 developer tools the tile.

While clicking on it, check the html, for example:

here you can see i selected tile with an image, and background-url is set to a png file which i can access also directly.

Best Regards,

Tal

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tal

I could see the image correctly set in the html,

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've noticed in my screenshot the url for WRR is the following:

com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/Folder...

While in your screen shot:

com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile

do you have a folder inside WRR that is named com.sap.wrr ?

can you access the url mentioned in your screenshot?

thanks,

Tal

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

com.sap.wrr is the 'Resources provided by SAP' folder..

I can access the url - http://host:port/com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/com.sap.wrr/Mobile/application_icons/favorit...

I tried with a different image but it still did not work - /com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/FFP_DEMO/EPTile_HR_Direct.jpg

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are in Dev Tools, selecting the div as before, and clicking on the right side on the image link, you see it?

Strange...

if you go to WRR, select the png image file, then right click-->preview , this is basically the URL that you should use.

but any way in your case you say the image works, but the tile image is not seen.

When you set the image type to Full Width (instead of image small) , what do you see?

can you please send the image?

thanks,

Tal

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tal

yes I can that in the DEV tool, Element Style

The same image works if I preview from WRR. Setting Full width also does not work. I tried both small and full width.

Its a standard image from WRR,

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the dev console log, do you see any javascript errors?

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tal

When the landing page loads, I see only one error in the console

2015-10-06 16:27:18 registerResourcePath ('sap/ui/core/themes/nextgen_ajax', '/com.sap.portal.theming.webdav.themeswebdavlistener/GUID:0dfec02eba3d0e90e95e3d5015c3e4cc/UI5/sap/ui/core/themes/nextgen_ajax/') -  sap.ui.ModuleSystem

2core-min-0.js:85 2015-10-06 16:27:18 registerResourcePath ('sap/ui/core/themes/nextgen_ajax', '/com.sap.portal.theming.webdav.themeswebdavlistener/GUID:0dfec02eba3d0e90e95e3d5015c3e4cc/UI5/sap/ui/core/themes/nextgen_ajax/') -  sap.ui.ModuleSystem

GET https://server:4390/com.sap.portal.theming.webdav.them…vlistener/GUID:0dfec02eba3d0e90e95e3d5015c3e4... 404 (Not Found)W1 @ core-min-0.js:31Q.extend.css @ core-min-0.js:31Q.each.Q.cssHooks.(anonymous function).get @ core-min-0.js:31Q.extend.css @ core-min-0.js:31(anonymous function) @ core-min-0.js:31Q.access @ core-min-0.js:31Q.each.Q.each.Q.fn.(anonymous function) @ core-min-0.js:31S._checkAndAdaptWidth @ core-min-2.js:79S._refresh @ core-min-2.js:79S.onAfterRendering @ core-min-2.js:79d.onAfterRendering @ core-min-3.js:11a._callEventHandles @ core-min-1.js:16a._handleEvent @ core-min-1.js:16f @ core-min-1.js:16R.flush @ core-min-1.js:16R.render @ core-min-1.js:16U.rerender @ core-min-1.js:16n.renderPendingUIUpdates @ core-min-3.js:7(anonymous function) @ core-min-0.js:167

I am not sure if this is related to the icon...

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doestnt seem too relevant for the issue...

Does this occur for any tile, and any image type you set?

You can only change the icon?

Or also when changing icon , and setting icon type it also doesnt work?

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it works if I set standard sap icon from the sapui5 library. Just does not work if I set a custom image (big or small)

Thanks

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the exact same problem on 7.4 sp 14

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

j18r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

it works in our Portal/FFP (NetWeaver 7.4/SP13) when setting the following properties in the iView:

Icon URI (com.sap.portal.navigation.IconURI) -> pcd:resource_repository/FFP_DEMO/EPTile_family_status.png (this is just an example from SAP "Admin OOB" demo package ...

Image Type (com.sap.portal.navigation.ImageType) -> "Image (Full-Width)" and "Image (Small)" both work.

Does this help?

Best regards, Johannes