cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA backup error 110026 using Netbackup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Would anyone know what causes the below error.

My backup script executes this backup command..

hdbsql -I 00 -n r3hana-s04 -u SYSTEM -p xxxxxxxx 'backup data using backint('''COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP_20150922_08_57_27''')'

This is the error I receive...

447:backup could not be completed [110026] The state 'ManagerCommandRunning' of the BackupManager does not allow the requested operation

SQLSTATE: HY000 + RETURN_STATUS=191 + exit 191 SQLSTATE:HY000

I thought it might mean another process is running but I cannot find anything and have tried restarting HANA but still get the same error.

Thanks for any insights,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

We have a BACKINT solution from EMC for HANA and I have not come across the exact error you see for Netbackup

There is no direct reference to such an error that I could find either

As a troubleshooting step can you check and confirm if taking a manual backup using BACKINT gives you the same error? if any changes were made on backing side or on HANA(such as a SPS upgrade)?
Does the error occur when both log and data backups are being taken?

The contents of backup.log and backint.log under HANA Studio-->Diagnosis files is a good way to investigate the issue, you may see some additional errors on them which could help

Share with us anything more that you are able to identify from the 2 logs above
to understand the error

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil.

I have contacted SAP support and they say that it is a problem on the NetBackup side.  Now I am trying to get SAP to work with Symantec (vendor partners) to figure out what the problem is. I will post the solution when I find out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Craig

Yes do let us know when you have a solution from SAP/Symantec

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

any response from SAP and Symantec on this one?

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The problem was that we were trying to use NetBackup version 7.5 but needed version 7.6.

Once we installed NB 7.6, the backing processes worked correctly.

Thanks,

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

The error is because of already running backups in the system. You can find them form HANA Syudio -> Performance -> threads tab -> here you can find the backup manager thread. you can kill them. Alternatives you can find form OS leve by typing ps -ef | grep backup and identify the existing backups.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Pavan.  But there is no current backup running.  Per SAP support the problem is on the Netbackup side not HANA.  I will post the solution when I find it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I assume that your netbackup is configured for log backups. In HANA we have logs backups happens for every 15 mins. So, I assume that your log backups are making server busy all the Time and hence, you are not able to take the backup.

If the above is the reason, then you can eliminate it by changing your policies for netbackup agent.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda