cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for '/oracle/<SID>/11203/sapbackup/bermczyn.anr' at location main-9

former_member298564
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Greetings experts,

I have been running into permission issues when running brbackup via the DB13.  The specific problem is the directory which is being chosen when trying to create the backup ".anr" file.  When using the DB13 calendar the directory is /oracle/<sid>/11203/sapbackup, which in this case does not exist.  The correct directory should be /oracle/<sid>/sapbackup.  When I run brbackup at the database server level the directory is correct and the backup runs successfully without issue.  The directory paths in the init<SID>.sap file are all pointing to the correct directories. It seems that when using the DB13 calendar it is choosing a different init<sid>.sap file.  I am assuming that the init<SID>.sap file is where you would define the directories that brtools uses.  I am not completely sure about that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Randall,

Please check the permission as per SAP note 113747.

Best regards,
James

thiago_cavalheiro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Randall,

Check your SAPDATA_HOME value at the OS level. Make sure this is set to /oracle/<SID> - confirm the running instance value using report RSBDCOS0. Very likely this is using the ORACLE_HOME value.

Best regards,

Thiago

former_member298564
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

I am logged into the linux database server as sidadm and echo for $ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/SID/112_64.  echo for $SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/SID.  I ran the report you suggested in se38 but I'm not seeing anything that is related to this issue.  Maybe I am running the report incorrectly?

Thanks

Randy

thiago_cavalheiro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

This report open a command line to the operating system, so you need to execute the "env" command to check whether these variables are correct there. Please compare with what you have directly at the OS level.

Regards,

Thiago

former_member298564
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thiago,

Some of the environment variables are different from what the RSBDCOS0 reports and what the env command shows from the linux database server using the ID sidadm.  I thought that all of the location information that brtools used was retrieved from the initsid.sap file?  Is that not the case?

Thanks

Randy

former_member298564
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Mudukana for your response. 

The entry in init<sid>.sap for backup_root_dir is pointing to the correct locaton /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup.  When executing a backup using the DB13 calendar be using a different initSID.sap file?  And just to verify...  the initSID.sap file should be in location /oracle/SID/112_64/dbs, is that correct?

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randall,

You have check the file name iniSID.sap .in dir "/oracle/SID/112_64/dbs". if two files are there than rename one of the file and  also chcek the ownership of the filesystem inside the directory ORASID:dba and permission as well for backlog files. use chmod 777 to give full access. initSID.sap file ownership as well.  check the permission and ownership and tow file exist once again.

Thank,

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randall,

1. For permission issue for DB13 jobs, execute sapdba_role.sql (This file will be in kernel directory)

This will fix the issue.

2. For Changing the backup location. copy your Init<SID>.sap file and rename Ex: (Init<SID>.sap.disk)

Mention the desired backup location for the parameter: backup_root_dir.

In DB13 you can use this profile while scheduling the backup.

Regards/Gouda