Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Electricity consumption

Hi all,

I have two reports one for hourly consumption of electricity and other for daily consumption of electricity.Here we have got a different measuring point for the same machine one of these is termed as  hour meter and another as energy meter.We have basic requirement of merging these two reports.But the problem being faced here is :

For energy meter we have Suppose:

Measuring point     Description of measuring point

1                             ABC energy meter

For Hour meter we have suppose:

Measuring point     Description of measuring point

2                             ABC hour meter

Here we don't have anything common two merge these two datas.So what we did was created a common short text for both of these measuring point to (say ABC) for the field text MDTXT(IMRG) using tcode IK12.     But this makes it quite complex and lengthy.

We have used the tables IMRG and IMPTT and storing it in a ztable.So any other suggestions from your side.

Thanks

Regards

Nav

Former Member
replied

continuing the above response....

I feel there is absolutely no need for MDTXT manipulation, if you follow uniform pattern of PTTXT values. What I mean is First word of PTTXT representing the machine should be of uniform length in all MPts. For example: if we decide this to be 4char long thens TCM 2 becomes TCM2, GENERATOR 1 becomes GEN1 and so on. With this arrangement the ABAPer can easily find and group the related Documents by extracting the first 4char of the PTTXT field.

I believe the above should resolve your issue/s

KJogeswaraRao

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question