cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue While running the Journal Restore Data Manager Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to export and restore the journals using the Export and Restore jouranls.

By suing the the Export Journals DMO we have copied the CSV and then chaged the journal numbers and trying to restore.

The below error is appearing saying the argument cannot be interpreted.

Tried to follow the notes 1845714, but still getting the same error.

Kindly Advice.

Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you use Excel to change journal numbers in csv and then save back to csv. As a result you have 2.01509E+13 string valid for Excel but not recognized by BPC! Compare with original text file!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

You are right. After exporting the Journals using DMP to BPC server, I have downloaded the same into the local server in Txt. Now, I have modified the same opening in the note pad and then it worked.

But, my requirements is to take journals from one environment shell and load it into another environment shell, I have got many journal line items, and doing the required modifications in note pad has become difficult.

Though I could now successfully upload the journals by modifying them in the note pad, do we have any other alternative  for the same.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Shilpa

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have number of options:

1. After opening CSV file in Excel you can format column with numbers to prevent automatic scientific E formatting.

2. If you have some logic to change numbers you can use some script to convert files...

3. You can create badi in ABAP to perform journals download/upload.

Vadim