cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Feedback with no Error Handling (Input Design Requested)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

Today we have a pretty standard integration scenario that takes in flat files and converts them to Idocs for target SAP systems. We are looking to redesign the current IDoc interface (posts a customized FIDCC1) under the principle that IDocs in errors on target are always corrected by a change in the source, so essentially we want to report errors back to the source and completely delete the IDoc. I guess this looks like a synchronous call?, but I want to remain as loosely coupled for this. Since we also process these files in batches (i.e. each file contains 1 to many invoices), we would like to return the results back to the source based on each file. For example, the message back to the source (in email so a user can act on it, not a system) could be:

a) file failed because structure is incorrect (like an XSD type check).

or of the file makes it through XI,

b) list of invoices failed because xxx is incorrect and list of invoices that processed.

We are open to using proxies, any kind of IDoc error handling that could do this, workflows, status idocs, etc. Every option is on the table.

Thanks!

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

peter

if u are open to proxes then u might haveone interface that will send the data to proxy and thru proxy u update the idoc....if idoc goes fpor an error u can have another interface triggered that will update/delete the soruce data...for this u might need to pass the soruce files details to proxy and back

Answers (0)