cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Input parameter in Planning Aggregation level

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Has anyone done passing of input variable via planning aggregation level into HANA input parameter.

I have a composite provider as source of the aggregation level.

Thanks,

Aravind Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

if all the constraints from 2262899 are met, and it's still throwing the error, that you didn't specify a value for the input parameter, try to implement the note 2237031 with the transaction SNOTE. After that reactivate the aggregation level and regenerate the queries too.

This helped in my case with the same error as you had.

Best regards,

David

former_member199573
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Can you check if you the below condition is met?

The characteristic mapped to input parameter of HANA Model can only be used in 'Characteristic Restrictions' Section of Query Designer.

This is mentioned in 2262899 - Transfer Multiple Single Values to HANA Model Input Parameter in a BW Query

Also, check the below link, which says that the characteristic cannot it in the drill down,

The restriction is the same as VP on HANA since input parameter in hana model will affect the dynamic data model. Therefore it can't be in drill down.

VC on HANA: Example with Input Parameter - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Raja.

ShashiGarimella
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I think I may be able to be of some help. Whats your question ?

Regards,

Shashi

0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am having a composite provider as a source for my aggregation level.

Till the CP level i can see the currency conversion working with document currency being passed as input parameter to HANA view and i get the desired output in target currency.

But once i create an aggregation level and a Bex query, passing values from the bex mandatory variable is not working. When i execute the query in RSRT it throws error "Provide values for variable document currency" and found that the query variable is accepting values but its not getting passed to my composite provider from aggregation level.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Aravind Babu

ShashiGarimella
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Please give me details on the following

1) What BW object does this HCPR contain along with HANA view ?

2) What kind of operator(Union/Join) are you using in HCPR?

3) How/Where have you mapped the variable to the Input Parameter ?

Regards,

Shashi

former_member213376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Can you share any document/steps of consuming HANA view with input parameters directly into a composite provider(HCPR).

And how are you passing input values to the composite provider, incase you are using the HCPR in a Process chain or Open hub destination/APD. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Prasana