Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Scheduling

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I understand what we mean by backward scheduling , can you please help me understand what how it works . An example would be really appreciated

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Thank you for the links but in APO when we have demand date and use backward scheduling it will basically go backward and plan till the point when the dep dem should be created .

Say i have a Sales order on DC for 09/25/2015 with plant to DC 10 days lead time can you please shed some light how would forward scheduling work with respect to planning for supply against demand in APO

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Forward scheduling has multiple meanings.

Let's get specific.  Post a screen shot of the SAP transaction or heuristic or ??? you are talking about, where you see forward scheduling as an option during explosion of demand. 

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

I am talking about forward scheduling with CTM . If i have a demand on 09/25/2015 and the transit time is 10days from plant to DC and my initial setting is backward scheduling in CTM . My understanding is that since CTM cannot use backward scheduling in this case it would move to forward scheduling. How would forward scheduling work in this case.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

In forward scheduling, after CTM has selected the demand, it determines and selects the sources of supply for the entire BOM, using only the Standard  Scheduling Procedures.  It then determines the earliest possible start date of the lowest level of the BOM, and forward schedules the supply chain level by level up the BOM.

The result is that the fulfillment order(s) always arrive at the earliest possible date.  You might have a sales order demand with a shipping date due next year, but due to short cycle times and availability of resources and stock, the supply order might be created for next week.

For more of the detail, see http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1483908

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)