Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Priority Profile in Deployment Optimizer

luanribeiro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

How are you?

We are already using the SNP Priority Profile in SNP Optimizer, but we are looking up to implement the Priority Profile in Deployment Optimizer as well.

In SAP HELP Documentation (Deployment Optimization - Deployment - SAP Library), it´s mentioned that is possible to use the SNP Priority Profile to change the sequence of the products on Deployment Run.

On SNP Optimizer Profile, under the tab Method Solutions, it´s possible to define a Priority Profile, although in Deployment Optimizer Profile we do not have the same field to speficy the Priority Profile, it´s just possible to check if you want to use the Product Decomposition.

So, How is it possible to use the SNP Priority Profile on the Deployment Optimizer? Where can I specify which Profile I want to use?

Many thanks for your help,

Luan Ribeiro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luan

Please check "Automatic Cost Update" Tab from Deployment Optimizer profile.  In this tab, you can define priorities for your demand types (Customer Order, Forecast, Safety Stock etc) and also priorities for your Location Products(Class A, B, C).

You define the priority of location products in the location product master data on the SNP 2 tab page. You can enter values from 0 to 255 for the priority. Value 1 is the highest priority. Value 255 is the lowest priority you can enter. No value or value 0 corresponds to priority 256.

Please do read F1 help on those fields.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

luanribeiro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

First, many thanks for your answer, it's a very interesting solution but based on that I have another question:

If I Use the Location Product Priority, how the Optimizer will consider the costs when it's creating the solution?

Because in my mind, if you set some priorities it will overlap the costs, as you are saying that you want to prioritize the Location Product 1 than Location Product 2.

What I'm really looking for is to sequence the order of the products that Optimizer will make the better solution for the entire supply chain.

Do I make myself clear?

And again, many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Luan

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luan,

Since it is group of location products, one approach could be -

Maintaining below settings in Deployment Optimizer profile

Category A to Priority         1

Category B to Priority         2

Category C to Priority 256

Use above grouping for updating Priority field from SNP2 in Location Product Master.

In this case Cost factors will be respected within the particular Category or Class of Location/Product Combination.

Another approach can be -  Z custom program can be written, which will run post Deployment to update PR/STRs with priority codes based on Demand Type, Shipping Date, Urgency of Demand or any other criteria.

Deployment Optimizer would create one single PR/STR for one product/source-destination combination/Ship date. The prioritization will work within all the orders with the same Ship Date/Source-Destination combination. Please think about it.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)