cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MCOD feature on oracle 12.1 using SWPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the latest version of SWPM (Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP 09) , where i want to use MCOD on my existing oracle database 12.1 .

I found this note 2175161 - SWPM Oracle/Unix 12.1 MCOD Installation Drops Already Installed Database Without Warnings  , which states that my original database will be dropped and i have to restore it. So if anyone has tried the above method , or if any solution from SAP regarding this.

Thanks

Prakhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

As mentioned in the same note, the solution is clear.

• Download SWPM10SP08 or 70SWPM10SP08 Patchlevel 2 from 05.06.2015 from service marketplace for Oracle/Unix MCOD installations.
  • Do not install an MCOD system with older SWPM (< patch level 2) for Oracle 12.1.
  • If you need the MCOD option now, create the <sapsid>adm user with the correct environment (ORACLE_SID=<MCOD_DBSID> and ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/<MCOD_DBSID>/121) before you start the installation. You can copy the environment files (.dbenv* and .sapenv*) from an already installed <sapsid>adm user in the MCOD environment. If this user is available, SWPM asks you in the dialog phase for the option MCOD / RECREATE NEW DATABASE.
  • You also can create the <sapsid>adm user with SWPM:
    Choose Generic Installation Options - Oracle - Preparations - Operating System Users and Groups.
    You do not need to select the checkbox "Create OS Accounts for Your Database"; only the <sapsid>adm user has to be created.
  • The new SWPM is now shipped (05.06.2015) and available on service marketplace.

Regards,

Ning Tong