cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete delivery even after when transfer order is created and confirmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came to know that a delivery can be even when transfer order is created and confirmed.

Based on note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1486490 we can restrict delivery from deleting when transfer order is created and confirmed.

I have few questions

1)When the delivery is deleted,what happens to picked and confirmed quantity.Ware house staff would have picked the material and moved to corresponding location,what will happen to it.

2)When there is a possibility to delete the delivery,why is there no possibility to edit line item.

Example   

Delivery QtyPicked qtyMessage
44Initial status when transfer order is created
34Picked qty larger than delivery Qty-Error
14Picked qty larger than delivery Qty-Error
54No warning system allows to change

When delivery quantity is lesser than picking quantity system issues error message.

Why system is not allowing to edit.

For making delivery qty to 3,first in VL0G i need to unpick 1 qty,so that picking qty becomes 3,now i can change delivery qty to 3.Same is the case for making delivery qty to 1.

Why system in not allowing to change delivery qty with out changing the picking qty.i.e both picking and delivery qty should match.

Thanks,

Thambi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thambi,

It is very good you have implemented this note as this is the first thing I do on a SAP WM project.
You could have also done it by modifying a standard customizable message for deletion, from warning to error (yellow to red).

To answer your questions:

1) Picked and confirmed quantity is moved to interim storage type 916 and storage bin labeled as delivery number.

If this happened you need to move the stock from 916 - delivery number back to your storage bins where you want to store the goods. You can do it by LT10, LT01 etc.

2) SAP have given an option to completely delete a delivery or a delivery line item if you allow this, but you cannot edit this since the storage location is WM managed, you can only edit this for a non-WM managed SLoc.

If you need more info feel free to ask.

Regards,
Mihailo

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) SAP have given an option to completely delete a delivery or a delivery line item if you allow this, but you cannot edit this since the storage location is WM managed, you can only edit this for a non-WM managed SLoc.

If you need more info feel free to ask.

Is there any bapi available so ,that we can make changes to delivery qty,picked quantity,also unpack the material,also change the serial number. Because our requirement is basically when customer places for the order,delivery will be created (picking,picking confirmation,packing,serial number assignment to delivery).

We have set a cut of for the customer that once PGI is done ,his order will not be changed.

Before PGI is done,customer can done changes to order,so that it will reflect in delivery,which in-turn,ware house people will enter into customized screen,so that he would enter the quantity which he want to  reversed the picked quantity and also do unpacking and do repacking and serial number concerned to removed material have to be removed from delivery.

Thanks,

Thambi

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thambi,

Please be informed that once delivery has been Goods Issued, it shouldn't be possible to change any of the details at the delivery level. Even if you make any changes via a BAPI or custom programs, then it would affect the process when delivery was suppose to be reversed.

Since delivery details has been changed after posting good issue, you would face issues while reversing this delivery. Hence, i would suggest not to change any information in the delivery once it has been goods issued.

If you have a requirement to change any details, then it's better to reverse the delivery first and perform the required changes before doing goods issue again.

Thanks,
Balaji