Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents not determined by Role 175

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, hope you can help me here.

I am implementing WF Template WS00200074 (in fact I made a copy of it, just in case).

Everything is fine, linkage has been done properly, when I create a notification, the event gets triggered and an instance is made.

But when it comes to step 18 (task TS00008318), agents are not determined.  For this purpose, there is a standard rule 175 (PM_TASK_ROLE).  I tested it separately and it seems to be working fine.  I executed the role from tcode PFAC and it does bring the proper responsible.  But that is not happening from the workflow perspective.

I checked the role in the task, and it seems that there is no binding from the result of the role.  Does anyone knows if I should bind that result to something from the workflow container?

(Sorry for the image in spanish, but I guess you are familiar with the binding window).

You can check bellow how the binding window looks like right now, and that is how it is in the standard workflow too.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

1) What is the value of &TASK& in the workflow log? Is it the same as you are passing in your tests in PFAC?

2) For task TS00008318, have you set the agent assignment to "general"?

PFTC->Give the task TS00008318 -> display-> Menu Additional Data ->Agent Assignment->maintain -> select the task->click attributes-> set the task to general -> generate using red and white wheel......so that "Possible Agents" can be ALL users. Now the "Responsible" agents will be determined from the rule . Actual Agents who receive the work item will be an intersection of these two (Possible agents and responsible agents) . That is why we set the Task Agent assignment to general (all can process provided they are responsible agents).

Remember to transport the agent assignemnt to other systems using this link

You do not have to bind anything FROM the rule to the Workflow. Rules only have "importing" paramaters and no "exporting" parameters.

Regards,

Modak

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Many thanks, Modak.

Although I changed it to General, nothing happened. 

There is a configuration that goes with this task that needs to be taken care.  You can access it both from the task itself (while checking agents) or from SPRO configuration pannel.

From there you need to state which are going to be the agents, either users, positions, and many other options. But as long as this task does not clearly state the agents (setting it to general is not enough), then nothing would happen.

Hope this helps others in the future

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know....but didn't you tell us that you were getting the agents in PFAC test? Doesn't this mean that the config was there?

Regards,

Modak

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You are right, from PFAC I was able to get proper Responsible.  But I really do not know why this happened.  I ran many tests, changed Agents quite often, and probably I was able to put myself (my user) in that config.  I really couldn't tell for sure.  When I tested through PFAC, I got a responsible, then ran another test by creating a notification, and that workitem did not get it.  That I do know it for sure.

Answers (0)