cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query - long and medium text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

is it possible to show both long and medium text for an object? I can only choose between text and key, but I don't want to show the key. Instead of that I want to show Long and medium text for the object.

I didn't find a solution in the settings.

Can anybody help?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

Can you Create another infoobject (Short Text)..with Reference to that Object (Medium Text).

In the MP..we can map the new Infoobject to reference Object..And then add them in the same Query.

rgds

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

As others said, you can add one more infoObject to load the medium or long text and bring it to the reporting end.

One additional remark. You don't need to load text data to this object as long as this new infoObject is created with reference characteristic as the Original InfoObject.

Br, Harish

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

co, it´s not possible.

You could add one of those texts as attribute to your char, then you can show the remaining text field plus the attribute.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heike

you can add the same characteristic twice in the query and show one as long and one as medium text.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how should it be possible to add the same char twice in one query???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

are you sure that works? I tried to add the same characteristic twice in the query. But that didn't work.

Kind regards

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Cornelia stated, try to change at modeling level .you can add one more text object to text data source and load data to that object.

at bex level for exiting info object you can display medium text only.

newly added object set as long text display only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, I was wrong. we can add key figures twice but not chars. load texts as attribute as Cornelia suggested will the right solution

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such settings to set to use long/medium text in place of key.

We can show key and texts , key only or text only.

Thanks