cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deteriming strategy for settlement rule(Mulitple RA with same settlement profile)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In scenario where we have one project profile for different RA methods (RA Keys)

and considering the settlement strategy is the same.

When running settlement rule for a WBS, if we had assigned the RA key in the strategy, it can only default one RA key right?

so in situation where I have two RA keys, do I leave the RA Key field blank in the settlement rule strategy? And manually assign RA key to the WBS?

or is there any way to maintain two rows in settlement rule strategy configuration and assign separate RA Keys mapped to same settlement profile.

Currently in the configuration for settlement rule strategy, there is Settlement profile SP1 assigned to RA key RA1.

When I create a project and manually maintain RA2 in the WBS. and then later run settlement rule, system changes the RA2 in the WBS and defaults RA1.

My requirement is that RA2 should remain RA2 even after settlement run and similarly in other projects where RA key is RA1, it should remain the same after settlement run.

Whats the way here other than keeping the RA Key column blank in settlement strategy config?

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Option 1 :  Remove the RA key from strategy and maintain it manually in project.   Or Option 2 : Maintain two strategies ., if you have proper logic to identify which RA needs to assigned to specific project . and use a badi which has method DETERMINE_STRATEGY. To identify the correct strategy at time of project creation.

You can find the badi in below path :

Project System : Costs : Automatic and Periodic Allocations : Settlement : Settlement Rule for Work Breakdown Structure Element : Business Add-In: Generation of WBS Element Settlement Rule (CJB1/CJB2)

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vengaiah!!

I think that's the answer I was looking for.

I have marked it as correct answer, unless there are any other solutions.

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (0)