cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO 7.4 BPM - User/Principal Management

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Since I started to work with the new release of SAP PO 7.4 I've always had the same question: To deploy and use BPM with user interaction and UI5 screens, Do I have to create the business/end-users in the SAP PO 7.4 system?

I mean, normally SAP PI is used by Administrators and Developers to develop interfaces, where the business/end-users have nothing to do. So, I never created a business/end-user in SAP PI. Now, as SAP PO includes BPM, it seems that we have to start to create business/end-users in SAP PO. In case I have to create all the business/end-users involved in the configured BPMs, Will It increase the cost of licenses because we are creating end-users in SAP PO?

As I have not so much idea about this topic "SAP PO 7.4 BPM User Management", I request some help to try to clarify my mind

Thanks in advance and regards,

Jose.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Do I have to create the business/end-users in the SAP PO 7.4 system?

No need of any additional users.you can go with the normal users.If you want to have approvals kind of scenario then you can create business/end-users and assign approriate roles.

You can refer my blog for BPM with Human interacted activity.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks for your information. With your blog I've discovered that there is a Portal included also in SAP PO system. So, as conclusion, I will have to create the end-users in this system.

Regarding to license costs, do you know how it works in case of SAP PO? For example, I'm in a company where they already had SAP ECC, SAP Portal, etc. as other systems, and now they set up SAP PO. Till now, in SAP PI we had just IT users to work developing interfaces. If they start to create new users in SAP PO (the same users that they have also in SAP ECC, SAP Portal, etc.), they will have to pay more or it's included in the license with SAP ECC, etc.?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Jose.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

yes..its like webdynpro project.End users again it depends on requirment.For my scenario I assiged the potential owner to my ID(didnt create any user).

For creating SAP PO you have installation cost,I guess for creating users for this activity doesn;t require any license or something.

0 Kudos

Thanks again Raghuraman

This is a question that normally the customers ask and I have not so clear.

Best regards,

Jose.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Most welcome..let me know if you need any futher infy.

Answers (0)