cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change multiple inspection lots using QA02 or is there a mass trnasaction

0 Kudos

HI,

We have over 300 lots after been received for two materials but there was no inspection plan set up. They have all rightly moved to Q Stock but when we go to complete the characteristics on the inspection lots it doesn't find the plan as non was set up before receipt.

I have now set up inspection plans and in order to link th inspection plan to the inspection lot number i need to use QA02 to change the inspection lot.

As there are over 300 inspection lots to do this for it will take considerable time. I am wondering is there a mass way to assign the lots to the inspection plan?

Thanks,

Anthony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks folks. Unfortunately its over 600 inspection lots. I am working through them manually and it snot that bad just monotonous. We have two of us working on it so should be done in 1-2 hours.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Either of the options is working for you! Just one note from my side -

Have a look on QP06 transaction. If you find any entries there, possibly you would land up in trouble again of having the lot in CRTD mode. You can avoid this if you create the plan in advance i.e. prior to inspection lot generation. Ideally QP06 should reflect null. 

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware if there exists any such transaction but believe it won't be as every inspection lot is unique and system will not understand which group and group counter to be assigned there. If the tool is there I would also like learn it. Till the time try LSMW by recording method if system allows.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. no mass transaction for updating those lots.

An LSMW is probably the best bet,

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Consider the fact that you need to record/develop the LSMW, test it, execute it, verify that it has worked correctly, ...

From my experience processing these 300 lots by hand (e.g. in a team effort) most times is faster.

Regards

MH