Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Managed System Configuration

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue in Solman_Setup --> Managed System Configuration in Step 4 --> Assign Diagnostic Agent as below.

Our Solman details :

Solman 7.1 Sp12

Installed DAA in both Solman (sapserver1) and Managed system (sapserver2) and tried to connect with both, but no luck.

Any resolution to move forward will be greatly helpful..

Regards,

Krishna.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have resolved the issue by following the below Snote and link.

1878392 - Diagnostic Agents loose connection after solman offline backup

Certificate Based Authentication for the SMDAgent - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Krishna.M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

On your managed system(UNIX) login using <DAA>adm and passsword. Go to the patch /usr/sap/<DAA>/SMD*/script

Run the following ./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"sapms://<SolmanHostName" port:"81<MS Port>" user:"smd_AGT" pwd:" "

Provide the missing bits and if its complete, you should see your agent in Agent Admin. If still facing issues, paste the logs for Diagnostic agent.

Regards

Aditya Khorana

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for quick response..

Already i have run that command, but still facing issue. As i am unable to see any Agent.

Please find the attached log file.

Let me know how to move forward.

Thank you in Advance..

Regards,

Krishna.M

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna ,

You need only one diagnostic agent per server /hostname . Read the following link

Diagnostics Agents - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Secondly  do the following

1 . First connect the DAA agent to your central sld

./smdsetup sldconf hostname:"<SLD server>" port:"<SLD Port>" user:"<SLDDSUSER>" pwd:"<password>"

Read the sections

2.  Connect your DAA to the solution manager

As detailed by Aditya above and in the link i provided

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"sapms://<SolmanHostName" port:"81<MS Port>" user:"smd_AGT" pwd:" "

Once done restart your DAA agent

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the logs.

Sep 24, 2015 7:30:07 AM [Thread[Connector,5,main]] Info   [SMDAgent.IConnectionStatusListener.statusChanged] SMD Agent connection status changed from CONNECTING to ACCESS_DENIED

I can see the SMD agent is restarting itself due to access denied. The access denied could be due to locked SMD_AGT user or incorrect certificate.

Request you to check the same

Regards

Aditya

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your suggestions.

As our Solman and Managing system resides in two different servers, so we have installed DAA in both Solman and Managing systems.

Also run those two commands in our Managing system both has executed without any issues.

After restarting the DAA and run the setup configuration again, but still we are facing the same issue as below.

As it says Access denied by the managing system, the SLDDSUSER has required roles in Solman system.

Can you please let us know how to move forward.

Regards,

krishna.M

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have checked in the Solman system, the user SMD_AGT is not locked.

Also i have checked the credentials by logging with the user SMD_AGT which we have provided while installing DAA.  No issue with the User credentials.

But still facing the issue.

Can you please let us know how to move forwards.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Krishna.M