cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while testing sap hana xs app in HCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created SAP HANA XS app. I want to see the Output of the application on HCP. I logged into my hana Cockpit under hana xs application i am trying to click on the URL of the application and when i do it ist giving me a 404 not found . But when i try to check the same by opening the app in web based developement work bench and try to run on Server i am able to see the Output.

Attaching the Screen shots.

Please help me solve the issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

did you expose your app via the  .xsaxccess file (attribute "exposed" : true) and is the .xsapp file existing?

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Ya i see in my .xsaccess "exposed":true and i have created a .xsapp file too. I have followed the below link. attaching Screen shot of the code i inserted

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?3762b229a4074fc59ac6a9ee7404f8c9.html

Thanks,

Shweta

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetja,

your xsjs file you specified in the .xsaccess files (hello.xsjs) dos not correspond to the xsjs file you use in your application (shwetaxs.xsjs).

Either you rename your .xsjs file or you put the shwetaxs.xsjs file into your .xsaccess file as default file

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot. The issue is resolved.

I am now trying to create Hello world app in Web IDE. I checked the output by running on server. It worked fine but now when i click on the link on the url in HANA XS application same 404 error is popping up. i made sure that the package name and .xsjs file name is same but still have issue.

attaching the code screenshot.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetja,

by default the XS application expects index.html file in the package. Via the XS overview in HCP you access the package and the system then tries to delegate to the index.html file which is not there => 404 error

As you are using a different file you have tp specify it in the .xsaccess file via "default_file" : (see SAP HANA Developer Guide p. 59)

BR

Christian

P.S. As I was first a bit confused: for HANA development it is the Web-based Development Workbench, the WebIDE is the UI5 workbench 🙂

Answers (0)