Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slot qty decrement and POD warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working with SAP ME 6.0.4.35

I have the situation where we use time-based components traceability with SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT -hook (in POST_START of resource).

The setting of hook is clear and it works nicely. Material from loaded slot gets decremented correctly

However I cannot get messages sent for MIN_SLOT_QTY or ZERO_SLOT_QTY. I thought that those messages should come visible in message board and POD automatically?

I have not done anything for the standard messages (POD notification is selected on both messages).

I am wondering as well how the system allows to continue assembling even after the SLOT_QTY reaches zero. We have a need to force user to load new component batch when the previous has been used. Now I am stuck how to do this?

Br,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

If slot qty is not enough to assemble a component's qty, the error message should fire in POD.

I guess you are following this How-To Guide:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/401998262/SAP%20ME%20How-To-Guide%20-%20Time%20Bas...

In theory, this configuration should be enough to deliver a notification to POD. So, if your user is assigned to the user group which has assignment to those message types, and Real-Time Message Display in turned on for the POD, they will see the notifications in this POD.

You might also try to turn on Enable SFC Complete JMS Message system rule, though it should be used by RTW functionality only.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OFC I should have read that manual...

I forgot to add ZERO_SLOT_QTY in slot configuration maintenance.

Now I get the Icon to POD and the messages but I can still continue working even the SLOT_QTY reaches zero. And INVENTORY_IDs will be assembled to SFCs even the SLOT_QTY = 0.

Can we prevent operator working if the slot_qty reaches zero?

Br,

Pete

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pete,

The system must stop the operation and throw an error message that qty is not enough to assemble a component. If it does not, this is a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy