Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAPI - Error Response in SAP MII

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP MII 15.0 SP4 and I am trying to release the Order using SAP ME PAPI "ShopOrderRelease".

I am able to trace the success response.But Sometimes the service throws the error as "Material is not valid" like that,I cant able to trace the exact error.Catch action block also not able to give the error. Can anyone please help so that I can get the error response also?.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196557
Active Contributor

Hi G.Partheeban,

When you Catch the exception from any PAPI, examine the PAPI Action Block Message parameter, that will contain the complete error message that caused the exception.

Regards, Steve

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

I am trying to execute the PAPI and getting the error as attached. In the Catch Message paramater I am not getting anything. Can you tell how to trace the exact error.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partheeban,

What are you mapping in Tracer_0?

You need to map Catch_0.Message.

Hope it works.

Regards,

Minakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partheeban,

Sorry I was wrong. You need to map SAPME_PAPI_ReleaseOrder.Message in Tracer.Message.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Minakshi

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

When there is a error it will not execute the action block and no response or message can be traced.

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partheeban,

Have you checked mapping it once?

It works for me on MII 14.0.

I get the error message in Tracer.

Please check it in your scenario and let me know.

Regards,

Minakshi

suresh7
Explorer
0 Kudos

This was helpfult to get the exact message.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

Check the response and request objects. It should give you a clue.

Action, action failure would not give you a response. A catch block would help you get the correct message though, you can check transaction manager for detailed insight.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I need to show the exact error message occurred to the user in the front end.Please let me know how to capture and show?

Regards

G.Partheeban

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

Once you catch the error using catch action, use terminate action block and assign the catched message to terminate action's message and set terminate with error to "true".

Now when the BLS fails, your ajax call will get into error state and provide you fatalerror which gets you the message that was captured by catch action block.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may be able to get more help by posting in the main manufacturing forum:

It looks like most of the ME related action happens there.

If I had to guess you probably have to parse/check for the error out of the PAPI xml response.

Regards,
Christian