Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProxytoSoap - Read timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

In simple synchronous proxy to soap I'm facing exception:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

It happens randomly (3 times per 100 requests). Normally response comes in 1 second. Messages are very small.

1. Service is available. Tried to test it with soapui using load testing. Every response (tried 200 requests) comes within seconds.

2. I increased XMBWS.Timeout to 3 minutes and HTTP_TIMEOUT of integration engine to 3 minutes.

Now exception is

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message 55f56f4d-636c-0810-e100-8000c0a80a46(INBOUND) expired

or

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

3. I've spoken to network guys. No firewall issue or anything on their site.

Any clues?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm prety sure it might be network, but don't know how to convince network guys

Do you think running SOAPUI from PI server (UNIX) might provide some answers if this is a network issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add more insight into subject:

I can see on the webservice provider side that my request reaches target system (I can see this in logs), but somehow response is not coming back (randomly).

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Angel,

Does the webservice provider giving immediate response or might be the provider takes sometimes to process the reques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel Gonzales wrote:

Service is available. Tried to test it with soapui using load testing. Every response (tried 200 requests) comes within seconds.

From my experience using soapui, very rarely happens that processing takes e.g. 20 seconds. Most cases is 1-2 seconds

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

From my experience using soapui, very rarely happens that processing takes e.g. 20 seconds. Most cases is 1-2 seconds

Were you able to read the document I have provided? Anyway, try increasing the parameter quoted from the document:

Set property of Service "XPI Adapter: XI" within SAP NetWeaver Administrator xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default

Default: 180000 [ms]

Note If this parameter value is not increased to > 3 minutes then the messages will continue to timeout with the message expired exception.

In NWA, Go to->Operation Management->Systems-> Start & Stop -> Java Services -> (Under Related Tasks) Java System Properties.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I increased it to 5 minutes and as expected - it didn't help

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, thank you for that. Ask help from your basis team to check if you are running out of threads. Small messages when executed at high frequency causes a lot of overhead.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can do that, but to be honest: It happens on dev system. At time of the execution no other interface is running. every soap request is triggered one after the other (no paralel, but sequence), hence problem still occurs.

I consider this rather as a network problem (session expires?), but our network guys are not able to identify it.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

1. Service is available. Tried to test it with soapui using load testing. Every response (tried 200 requests) comes within seconds.

Have you tried to execute the tests in parallel to simulate your actual scenario?

http://www.soapui.org/Functional-Testing/structuring-and-running-tests.html

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message 55f56f4d-636c-0810-e100-8000c0a80a46(INBOUND) expired

or

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

See 2.2.7 Messaging System Times Out on this document

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yep. Responses still quick in SOAPUI. To add more. On PI it happens sometimes even for single request.

2. Already went through this document. Not helpful in my case. Only option descibed is increasing

xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default, but why should i do this if response shouldn't take so much time.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Angel,

In ICO go to advanced properties and try to reduce the staging and logging option to increase the performance.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

As I've written in point 2 - increasing timeout won't help. Already tried.