Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C SDK: Transport Developments to Production System

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do I transport the changes done in SDK from C4C Development to C4C Production system ?

What I have done is extending Customer BO in SDK and did some logic in one of the Custom fields. The custom field is however not used on the UI , its only used in Process Extension scenario. its working fine.

Now that I want to put the solution to C4C Production, how do I do that ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amber Badam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Amber,

Please see the following blogs - it is an export and import:

The blog links to a presentation that will help you.

This covers the same topics but in more details: 

-ginger

SDK buddies - anything to add? 

Former Member

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Take a look at this blog. It does not focus on downloading and uploading a solution in first place, but the screenshots are showing you where to click:

In short:

Logon to the source system:

1: in the SDK, open the Implementation Manager

2: Click assemble & download

3: save the generated .zip file to your harddrive.

Logon to the target system

1: in the SDK, open the Implementation Manager

2: click upload & upload the zip file

3: click activate

After the activation has finished, open the web frontend -> business configuration -> implementation project and scope your solution to make it visible for business users.

Best Regards,
Stefan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

While doing  "Assemble and Downloading"  solution "Y2TFOVQ2Y.myproj"which is an extension of standard BO  in our C4C Test system we get the following issue Error "

Please activate and check in the object /Y2TFOVQ2Y_MAIN/SRC/ProcessExtensionScenario1.xs

The solution is working fine in C4C Dev system and when I activate the solution, it does not give any errors in C4C Dev. However when I make a check on Runtime objects, it comes up with the same error. We are now in  production release and this has become the blocking issue. Could you please assist me.

D

Please note that the solution does not have any BAC file because what I'm actually doing is copying a value from Standard Field to a Custom filed created via the solution ( which is no where shown in the UI )  and passing it to outbound web service.

Regards,

Amber Badam

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

did you try reactivating the ProcessExtensionScenario via right click -> Activate.

If this doesn't help, can you try on solution level (top level) Activate All?

Please note that in oder to Assemble and Download, you need a BAC element. The bac element defines the scoping option which allow to switch the solution on in the target tenant. If a solution is not switched on, it will not be executed.

Best Regards,
Stefan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your swift response. The error is resolved by creating a BAC file and followed by Checking in and Checking out the ProcessExtensionScenario1.xs and activating it.

I could now download the solution using "Assemble and Download". Following is the BAC file which I have created .

Assigned Business Configuration Content only has the BAC Element ID.  Is this file good ?

Lastly, can any one with just a user account in C4C can upload the solution or should it be a developer user ?

Thank you once again and I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Amber Badam

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Are you using Wine or some super high dpi settings in Windows? These screens are not looking right...

The content however is ok.

In the target tenant, a PDI developer must logon with PDI and upload and then activate the solution in the implementation manager.

After the solution is active, a Business User can go to the business configuration workcenter, open the scoping and checking the created question under Account Management.

Then the solution will be active and working.

Best Regards,

Stefan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Screen shots are from the SDK running on Windows using Parallels on MAC Book. I used a different tool for pictures below.

I was able to Upload the solution to Production tenant using a Developer Account .

However, the status says the solution needs to be Activated . I do not get option "Activate" when I right click on the Object or in the Header. Moreover I get the following error "

"Production fix not allowed as solution deployment is not finished"

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Activation button is greyed out as shown below:

When the solution is refreshed, I get the following error as before:

stefankrauth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

You can't change / reactivate anything in the solution explorer.

In the window "Implementation Manager", there is an activate button. This is the right one. It's that "light switch" button close to the upload button.

Best Regards,
Stefan

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Happy to say that you made my day again!  Its deployed and working.

Regards,

Amber Badam

Answers (0)