cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Material Search, search model node update fails

matthias_fischer
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have extended the MM data model with a flex entity with attributes, which we do not need in the active area and now we want to have these attributes

available in the MDG Search too.

We proceeded as described in the document "How To... Master Data Governance for Material Extend Search" on http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29002.

Now we are at step 6.6.1.1 Enhance Template MATERIAL and we try to update the note for the flex entity in the search model (Define Model MATERIAL of Software Component SAP_APPL via transaction ESH_COCKPIT).

What we did step by step:

• open the ESH_COCKPIT
  • select the MDG MATERIAL TEMPLATE-connector and press Model > Edit Model
  • we go to step 2 Model nodes, select the node ZZ1 and press Update Node > Update

When pressing "Update Node > Update" nothing happens. The system reports "Node ZZ1 has been updated successfully" but the new attributes are not visible in the "details: attributes of node" list below.

I have to say that the note is already there with a couple of attributes and those old attributes are already visible in the search model.

Now we have added some additional attributes in the data model.

When I try to delete the note in the search model and create it again, the system reports "Data source ZZ1 does not exist or is inactive", although I've entered the identical data source of the deleted note again.

Any ideas why the node update does not discover the new attributes?

Thanks & Regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We had exactly the same issue recently.

It turns out that we had not created the correct template. We made sure to execute everything in step Step 5.5 of the document you are following. when we had executed this correctly...all fields were available at step 6.6.1.1.

Answers (0)