cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in Hana Studio calculation view when doing Data Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are getting a strange error message in Hana Studio when we use the “Data Preview” functionality on certain objects in a calculation model (VDM). The error message is:

Cannot open Data Explorer

SAP DBTech JDBC: [321] (at 21): invalid view name: home.bi.co.projcash/FACT_COFP_VBAK/dp/Projection_1: line 1 col 22 (at pos 21)

If we use the “Data Preview” functionality on the objects “Aggregation” or “Semantics” everything work as expected. But, if we use the “Data Preview” functionality on any other objects like “Projection” or “Join” we get the error message above.

Is this an error or does this has something to do with authorisations? Our Hana system is newly installed system and the authorisation setup is also new.

Kind regards

Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

You are missing privileges. Try to get SELECT and EXECUTE on _SYS_REPO schema. That should work.

Regards,

Chandra.

kgaurav2k14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing the same issue and I did the steps suggested by Chandra but still the issue persists.

Please suggest. Not able to data previewof projection node, Join Node in SAP HANA Live views.

Thanks,

Gaurav

JoaquinGrau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

PUBLIC Role provides access to required objects in _SYS_REPO Schema, so I don't advise granting SELECT on the whole _SYS_REPO Schema.

When you execute a data preview from a node in a HANA View, you will generate a new Column View in the _SYS_BIC Schema, which will provide requested data. Here, depending on the rights you have on _SYS_BIC Schema and if this Column View has been generated by other user already, you may find this error.

This Column View ends always with /dp/<node name> and from a security perspective it is secured to be accessed only by the user that has created. Therefore, if another user tries to read data from this Column View will get this "Cannot open Data Provider" error.

The solution is granting CREATE ANY & DROP in _SYS_BIC Schema, so any user can drop any existent Column View of this type and generate his own one. The process will be transparent for the user.

By default, MODELING Role has full rights on _SYS_BIC schema, so using this Role will work too; although it grants far more privileges.

Regards,

Joaquín

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

refer to the note 2276643, this might be helpful.

https://me.sap.com/notes/0002276643

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please re-insert your tables again and do the same? And also can you please try with other tables also?

Br

Sumeet