cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS_KPRO_CONVERT

0 Kudos

We are trying to migrate documents into KPRO using DMS_KPRO_CONVERT.

The documentation for the program states there are 2 possible ways to run the program 1-Complete migration or 2 Step-by-step migration. When we execute the program - we do not see any place to designate which choice we want. We want Complete migration. Upon execution it appears that the Step-by-step method has ran. I can see that the documents have been converted to use KPRO but that they appear to not be "Checked In". Must we use the integrated viewer and Check in each individual document? (have close to 10,000 of them to be done) Additional documentation suggests that we run DMS_KPRO_CONVERT2. When we execute this program nothing appears to have taken place. I have been unable to find any SAP Help documentation or SAPNOTES that would provide more details. Can anyone provide or point me towards some helpful information

Thanks

MP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Were you able to resolve this ever?  If so, how?  I'm getting a message that states "Error while checking in and storing..."  and then it includes the doc number.  Hoping you can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks,
Jason

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I found this info in the source code of the report:

• If the migration of DMS to KPRO (Report DMS_KPRO_CONVERT) was done

• without moving the files phys. to the Contentserver & the files still

• remains in their original, you can use this report to perform the

• physical migration of the documentfilesto KPRO (with report

• This report check's the files out of the "old" storage category and

• checks it to the thew KPRO-storage categories

This means, the report has to be started on a PC (and not in the background), where the files can be checked out and in by the program. What exactly was the result? Any error message? And in Transaction SLG1?

Best reagards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Martin,

I am an ABAPer and our DMS 'module owner' has asked me to help them figure out how to migrate the old docs into the new Content server using KPRO. I'm not very familiar with DMS and KPRO. I had noticed the program notes that you included in your reply. We ran the DMS_KPRO_CONVERT and it appeared to run with no errors. My DMS user could see that the docs were properly checked to now use KPRO but the content server didn't show that the docs were physically stored. We then ran DMS_KPRO_CONVERT2 from the same users PC in foreground. We do not get any error messages, but there is no feedback that the program did anything. When I go to SLG1 and check the Display logs, I see a record of when I ran DMS_KPRO_CONVERT2 with a Green box to the left. I can expand this record and I see another Green box and the text "Problem Class Other". I can not find any details or documentation that tells me what this means. When I doubleclick this line, the bottom part of screen displays each individual record with "Start conversion...." followed by each document object id or something like that. So I guess I am asking how do I get this to continue on ? and what ever I have to do to continue this migration, can it be automated to do all or must it be done manually to each individual record?

Thanks

MPersson