Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring together 2 identical queries with different qualifying date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm really new in using SAP Lumira and I need your help

I have two identical Queries with 3 different dimensions (Customer, potential and penetration)

The first query i run for example with July and the qualifying date is 31.07.2015

The second query i run with August and the qualifying date is 31.08.2015

In both queries I will get nearly the same customers but with different potentials and penetrations.

Now I want to bring the two results together but it doesen't work.

SAP Lumira can't find a usable key.

I can't understand why, because in both queries, the customer is the same (technical) field.

I hope you understand my problem 🙂

Thank you for your help.

Best

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen  - are you trying to Merge or Append these datasets?  On the surface, it sounds like it should be an append, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I want to merge, like in this excample:

Like the VLOOKUP function in excel.

Best

Steffen

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for the screen shot, that helps.

In my version (and of course I can't read German) I have a "suggest" button - I wonder if you have something similar that would suggest customer as a key.

I can also select the keys from both datasets as shown below:

Could you try something like this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the "suggest" button. but the result will be: "No suggestion found".

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steffen: I am stumped...please contact SAP Lumira Support - their contact information can be found here:

0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

As highlighted in your snapshot, you need to have a "primary key" in both the data sets to "merge".

There error explains that the tool cannot find any common value to merge.  So, I guess you have unique keys in both the data sets.

Bala.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I would suggest you to have a look at the following document to understand the merging capability better

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

thank you for the link to the document. I've read it.

Anyway I can't understand why the merge of  both queries doesn't work. Because in both queries the customernumber (exactly the same technical field in the infoprovider) is the primary key. And also in both queries, each customernumber is only one time available.

Best

Steffen

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

The sample data that you gave above easily merges for me. I am not sure why its not happening in your data. I need to really see it to suggest what could be the cause.

Can you try blending on these columns for same data set. I believe that will also help you to achieve desired output. Isn't it?

Regards,

Ashutosh