cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO setup matrix configuration- setup activity from ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I'm currently trying to set-up a matrix in APO. Herefor, I have done the following steps:

1) Created 9 setup groups SG(A), SG(B), SG(C), etc.

2) Created setup times for all the above combinations.

3) Assign the setup group to operations in a ppm.

4) Assign the setup matrix to the resource.

Above steps are functioning, the matrix is working on the resource. However....

Is there a easier way to assign the matrix to a material number?

The problem is I have to assign the group manually in each materials' PPM, and we have a lot.

I prefer the times to be derived from SAP ECC and CIFfed to the PPM accordingly, without manual changes to the PPM.

Are there any options to do so? I've been browsing to many documentations, but I can't find any more information.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can assign the Setup matrix to resource, system will check  the setup matrix which is assigned to the resource in version 000. /SAPAPO/RES01 Change Resources: Header Data – Planning Version 000 screen, choose the Time-Cont. Capacity and assign Setup Matrix.

And in routing/recipe operation assign the setup group it will transfer to PPM/PDS via CIF and system will read the setup matrix from resource associated with the setup group operation.

Automatically determine the duration of the setup activities, during detailed scheduling

Please refer,

Setup Matrix - Detailed Scheduling Topics - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your message Brahmankar.

You quote: "And in routing/recipe operation assign the setup group it will transfer to PPM/PDS via CIF and system will read the setup matrix from resource associated with the setup group operation"

This is exactly where I'm looking for, however, I can find no setting where to assign the group to a material number. Can you be more specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setup group or setup matrix can not be assigned to material. They have to be used with reference to resource-material combination. You can always create a new field in SCM product master and update this value with the setup group used for a product/material.

Regards

Chintesh

Answers (0)