cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint list data into HANA Tables?

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, unsuccessful at finding a solution for this.

Is there a decent way (preferably without 3rd Party) to get data from Sharepoint Lists into a HANA Table via a connection or script of sometype?

Would be nice to be able to automate this as well.

I'm thinking I could expose a sharepoint list as a web service and then import to HANA.

I'm thinking I could access a sharepoint list via OData and then somehow populate HANA Table.

I'm thinking a tool BOBJ might have?

All suggestions on Tools, scripts, methods are welcome.

Thanks for any ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

If that can be accessed through ODBC then maybe another option is to use SDA + Generic ODBC adapter to access remote data within HANA.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I don't think Sharepoint Data can be accessed directly via ODBC.  I am thinking along the lines of using BCS or SSIS to put the Shared Point List Data into an SQL Table and then connect to that via SmartData Connection in HANA.   Thanks.  I'll post if I figure this out!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

We had a requirement to access data as virtual tables from SharePoint Database into HANA and we used SDA to accomplish this

Please follow below link if you have not yet seen it, it is useful to go through the pre requisites and setup SDA

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2015/04/29/configuring-remote-source-connection-sda...

Hope it helps

Sunil

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this is not to connect directly to SharePoint Lists, but to connect to SQL Server Tables correct? 

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is right, we configured the SDA from HANA to the SQL Server Database tables directly

We did a proof of concept on this using SDA and it works well

Just make sure the SQL Server Database is on 2012 version

As SDA is only compatible with SQL Server 2012

Hope this helps

Sunil

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the confirmation.  I will pass that on so hopefully they are on 2012...

Answers (0)